Talk:Distributed Universal Number Discovery
How do i redirect a search for DUNDi to this article? wkm
DUNDI and ITU-T
It is not apparent to me that this entry belongs in category ITU-T recommendations. The specification appears to be an individual submission internet-draft, that has no references to other ITU documents or specifies which ITU, ISO working group produced it. A google of itu.int for this found only a mention in their newslog of external events (e.g. a press release from the organization promoting it). If this is a ITU-T recommendation, the specification would have a name that follows the ITU-T recommendation naming scheme, e.g. E.164, X.500 etc.
--MarkWahl 01:09, 12 Nov 2004 (UTC)
- VOIP providers will benefit in that they will eliminate the need to use PSTN circuit to carry traffic between two VOIP customers.
As far as I know calls between two users who both know that they are using VoIP can skip PSTN entirely. This works for SIP - since H.323 was designed by telco guys it may be diffrent (I do not know H.323). SIP uses identifiers in form firstname.lastname@example.org where somebody can be any string - nicname or number - semantics is up to the registrar. Because of this calls can be estabilished without either party (or server) knowing any sort of telephone number. I suggest to remove the cited sentence, unless somenone corrects it. --Alvin-cs ✉ 22:31, 15 April 2006 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Distributed Universal Number Discovery. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080828020004/http://dundi.com/PEERING.pdf to http://dundi.com/PEERING.pdf
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20041022095833/http://www.dundi.com:80/dundi.txt to http://www.dundi.com/dundi.txt
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.