|This article is/was the subject of an educational assignment in Spring 2018. Further details are available on the course page.|
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the District 9 article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|This talk page is automatically archived by MiszaBot I. Threads with no replies in 31 days may be automatically moved.|
|Remember that article talk pages are provided to coordinate the article's improvement only, and are not for engaging in discussion of off-topic matters not related to the main article. User talk pages are more appropriate for non-article-related discussion topics. Please do not use this page as a discussion forum for off-topic matters. See talk page guidelines.|
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 6 external links on District 9. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.oneguysopinion.com/InterviewsResults.php?ID=451
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20091121091511/http://antieviction.org.za/2009/10/05/un-affiliated-ngo-asks-the-city-to-reconsider-symphony-ways-eviction-to-blikkiesdorp-which-will-be-decided-in-court-on-wednesday/ to http://antieviction.org.za/2009/10/05/un-affiliated-ngo-asks-the-city-to-reconsider-symphony-ways-eviction-to-blikkiesdorp-which-will-be-decided-in-court-on-wednesday/
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20150713044920/http://www.hdvideopro.com/film-and-tv/feature-films/i-robot/page-4 to http://www.hdvideopro.com/film-and-tv/feature-films/i-robot/page-4
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://scorenotes.com/interviews.html
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=%2Fn%2Fa%2F2009%2F08%2F12%2Fentertainment%2Fe082032D23.DTL
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://scifiwire.com/2009/07/district-9-director-alrea.php
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.
Queen Mary University of London Education Project
- Hi, we are, Omar Ismaiel Serafimaburavsky19 Jacoobfarrah97 Elena.valeri Rising Tsar93 Meliha Siddiqui editors as part of an Educational project--Meliha Siddiqui (talk) 18:15, 29 January 2018 (UTC)
- Hi Meliha Siddiqui - great to see that you've started to introduce yourselves on the Talk page here! Please make sure you use the correct markup so that each of your usernames is hyperlinked to your user profile/talk page. That way other wikipedia users know how to be in touch with you. Don't forget to test out your ideas on the talk page first, by making suggestions and proposals about what you would like to change on the article to improve its scholarly quality. Last of all, make sure you are focusing on improving the scholarly quality of the article as your ultimate goal. This means especially paying attention to the quality of the sources, and in particular offering improvements through references to scholarly articles, books and book chapters. You can do this through the e-resources and databases available via the QM Library and Senate House that we talked about in week 4. See QMplus for more details about how to access these if you're not sure. Good luck and do get in touch if you have questions or need help. DrJennyCee (talk) 11:19, 14 February 2018 (UTC)
- That's great, Elena.valeri! Although you've not actually linked to your user pages - only to new articles with your names on them. I've corrected the first name - Omar's - using the proper markup so that you can see how to do it. You can also look at the code on your own user name above to see an example. Hope that helps! Do make sure you keep sharing your plans for changes on the talk pages of the article so that you can show other users what you are planning. If you don't get a response, you can assume that this is tacit agreement. But do try to have those conversations (they don't count towards your word count) on the talk page as they will help you to make changes which stay. All the best, DrJennyCee (talk) 12:22, 15 February 2018 (UTC)
regarding some edit made on the page on Thursday, 13 February 2018
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I've corrected some spelling and punctuation mistakes, I've checked the whole article, now it should be fine. My group mate Rising_Tsar93 has added content in the marketing section of the article, using scholarly sources. Apologies again for the harsh plot edit, another user has re-edited it, adding relevant information which had been cut out. Now the plot is around 530 w long and it respects the Wikipedia standards, so thanks for your contribution! We are planning to make more changes, to improve the scholarly quality of the article -e.g. by replacing sentences/a paragraph linked to a blog with our re-elaboration of information taken from e-books/journals online, peer-reviewed. Before making any change, we'll post our intended edit here in the talk page with all of the details. You can review our work on the history section of the page, please contact us if you have any queries. Thank you for your attention and help.
- Hi, following on from what Elena.Valeri said I'm going to look through and see where I can re-elaborate information taken from e-books/Journals. Regards
In regards to the edits I will be making
Hello everyone, my name is Serafima. As part of my edit, I would like to add a few bits of information I think would benefit the District 9 article overall. What I will be focusing on is adding some info about Apartheid and the concept of White Savior in the film, using newspaper and web articles as well as Chaudhuri's discussion of Apartheid in District 9 in "Uninvited Visitors". Alongside that, I would like to add a table I found on IMDB which has all the films nominations and awards. Feel free to leave feedback on this post. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Serafimaburavsky19 (talk • contribs) 19:21, 17 February 2018 (UTC)
Regarding scholarly sources
Sorry about the previous edit i made where i deleted your contribution without informing you. As I'm part of a university project, it is our aim to make the article more scholarly and as i noticed the information you cited was cited to an article as appose to a Scholarly source. I noticed that the source i used you kept in the citation, but is it possible to make some sort of comprimise where i can re-add my paragraph as the information was that i gathered was fully cited to the book and counts as contribution to the group project. Or joining both paragraphs so that information fully cites to both sources. Regards Meliha Siddiqui (talk) 19:46, 17 February 2018 (UTC)
Regarding copyright information
Hi Fellow Wikipedia users,
I was searching for scholarly sources for some of the information yesterday and I noticed that one piece of writing in the Themes section "QED International fully financed the production of the independent film, underwriting the negative cost prior to American Film Market (AFM) 2007. At AFM 2007, QED entered into a distribution deal with Sony's TriStar Pictures for North America and other English-language territories, Korea, Italy, Russia and Portugal." is a direct quotation from the book i found The Producer's Business Handbook: The Roadmap for the Balanced Film Producer. The book I cited alongside the information. As copying information word by word is not allowed on Wikipedia I just though I would let everyone know. Regards
- Thank you for noticing that. I tried to give it a quick rewrite, but it's not easy to do so when you're unfamiliar with the subject. NinjaRobotPirate (talk) 16:14, 18 February 2018 (UTC)
- Hi NinjaRobotPirate Thank you, I think this should be fine, Regards.