Talk:Dixie State University
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Dixie State University article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|WikiProject United States / Utah||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
|WikiProject Universities||(Rated Stub-class)|
|Text and/or other creative content from this version of Raging Red was copied or moved into Dixie State College of Utah with this edit. The former page's history now serves to provide attribution for that content in the latter page, and it must not be deleted so long as the latter page exists. The former page's talk page can be accessed at Talk:Raging Red.|
- Agreed definitely not notable so I went ahead and merged it. I didn't edit the text at all though so there still may be some non-notable details --Deutschgirl (talk) 03:44, 22 September 2010 (UTC)
Someone should do a little research and see if Bruce Hurst could be added to that list. I know he played basketball for the Rebels during his off-time from the Red Sox. This was while I was going to school there 76-78. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 17:19, 23 June 2011 (UTC)
"D" hillside letter
It should be noted under history, why they chose the name Dixie. Any relation to the South? They have recently had two confederate soldiers removed from in front of the main builing, so there must be some connection. --Orakologen (talk) 18:25, 18 December 2012 (UTC)
- The region where this school is located was called "Utah's Dixie" by Brigham Young, and it was anticipated that certain cash-crops (particularly cotton) which at the time were predominantly grown in the Deep South could be grown in large quantities in this area of Utah. However the results of the Utah cotton missions were mixed, and Latter-day Saints only started having real success with growing cotton in the Rocky Mountain West after Young's death, when the area now known as Mesa, Arizona started being settled by them in 1877/1878. -- 18.104.22.168 (talk) 15:23, 14 February 2013 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Dixie State University. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20130131041740/http://www.dixie.edu/namechange/File/DSC-Research-Report-January-9-2013.pdf to http://www.dixie.edu/namechange/File/DSC-Research-Report-January-9-2013.pdf
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.