|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Django Bates article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons (BLP) policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to . If you are a subject of this article, or acting on behalf of one, and you need help, please see this help page.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Please do *not* use <br/> regularly when writing articles
Hi, when editing this article and Martin France, I noticed that you use <br/> to create paragraphs. Please note that in the wiki syntax, you simply create an empty line by using two newline characters (not HTML code line breaks), simply created by hitting [RETURN] on your keyboard.
With all those <br/>s in your articles, it is very difficult to edit them; also, they look different from the rest of wikipedia. For more information about the usual wiki syntax, please see: Wikipedia:How_to_edit_a_page#Examples. Regards, BNutzer 15:42, 3 October 2006 (UTC)
- Of course not! The whole article is really quite excessive. Cgingold (talk) 12:46, 5 April 2010 (UTC)
Wow. This article sticks out like a sore thumb. I've never seen anything quite like it here on Wikipedia. Somebody just went wild with bolding -- nearly all of which needs to be eliminated. What's worse is the endless listing of every article and radio appearance -- as if every word ever uttered by the man needs to be memorialized. Good grief. Those sections need to be drastically cut (and the other sections probably need some trimming, as well). Cgingold (talk) 12:50, 5 April 2010 (UTC)
- PS - I nearly forgot! The reason I looked up this article in the first place was because I wanted to ascertain whether he is in fact named after Django Reinhardt, which seems quite likely. To my astonishment -- notwithstanding the excessive detailing of trivia that I've already lamented -- that question was not even addressed. Amazing. Cgingold (talk) 13:00, 5 April 2010 (UTC)
- I've got a work-in-progress edit of the article which reformats the information in a more palatable form - quotes filtered and put into quoteboxes, lists reordered and edited appropriately, etc. I'll try to put that into place before too much longer. Meanwhile I've removed the superfluous bolding within the main article. - Dann Chinn (talk) 12:47, 20 May 2010 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 4 external links on Django Bates. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20061214170353/http://thebadplus.typepad.com/dothemath/2006/03/django_bates.html to http://thebadplus.typepad.com/dothemath/2006/03/django_bates.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20060319041356/http://www.allaboutjazz.com:80/php/review_print.php?id=19453 to http://www.allaboutjazz.com/php/review_print.php?id=19453
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080510145724/http://www.prsfoundation.co.uk/newmusicaward/pedaltones.htm to http://www.prsfoundation.co.uk/newmusicaward/pedaltones.htm
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20061124181151/http://www.thewire.co.uk/back/1986_10.php to http://www.thewire.co.uk/back/1986_10.php
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.
'He used this opportunity to initiate the first orchestral commission for Jonny Greenwood...'
Does this simply mean he gave JG his first orchestral commission?