Talk:Donk (automobile)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Strictly speaking the green car in the picture is an 80s old and thus not a "donk."

The article says a donk is "an inexpensive American-built sedan from the 1970s, 1980s or 1990s." Brad T. Cordeiro 02:27, 2 December 2006 (UTC)
As long as we're on it, the article also says "most hi-riser enthusiasts agree that a traditional donk is a 1970s-era car with a sloping rear end." This would imply that a 70s vehicle would be a more appropriate picture for this article. --oZ 03:28, 13 March 2007 (UTC)

Perhaps a new page?[edit]

I'm getting the impression that "donk" isn't the most correct catch-all term for cars customized in the manner described in the article and that box and bubble enthusiasts get don't like their cars being mistaken for impala-based donks and the other way around.

Is there are more correct term that encompasses all the varieties? Perhaps make a new page under "hi-riser (automobile)" or something like that and having the current donk page redirect to it?

Gooberliberation 03:01, 19 March 2007 (UTC)

- SEMA and both call them hi-risers. I'll go make a new page.

Gooberliberation 10:45, 12 April 2007 (UTC)


Can someone get this section sourced or removed? Donk_(automobile)#Criticism. Thanks! Dreadlocke 06:24, 3 April 2007 (UTC)

Can't do anything about sources, but I tried making it more neutral -Gooberliberation 09:14, 3 April 2007 (UTC)