Talk:Downtown Columbus, Ohio
|This article is/was the subject of an educational assignment in Fall 2014. Further details are available on the course page.|
|WikiProject United States / Ohio||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
|The content of Columbus, Ohio (Downtown) was merged into Downtown Columbus, Ohio. For the contribution history and old versions of the redirected page, please see ; for the discussion at that location, see its talk page. (December 2015)|
No need to merge this page, the main page has too much information on it as it were. Eventually there will be pages for each neighborhood in Columbus, and this is a vital page, even if presently underdeveloped.--Analoguekid 04:04, 13 December 2006 (UTC)
Advert and Sources
Scrolling through this and the other pages relating to Columbus, I have noticed that the pages are written from a biased point of view. Not only that, the pages do not cite sources. In a way, it kind of feels like I was reading an article written by the Columbus Tourism Department. For example instead of describing the downtown as "very large" describe it in square feet, miles and such like that. Then cite the source in which you got the information from. Also stating that the city keeps downtown very clean can be one person's opinion, maybe your next door neighbor thinks the city is very trashy. So its best to keep personal opinion out of Wikipedia pages. LOL I know it can be hard writing about your own hometown, but its really for the best! Mystify85JEC 06:32, 8 March 2007 (UTC)
- I am not sure that the size of Columbus, Georgia justifies this, as Columbus, Ohio appears to be the 15th largest city in the country. However, there is a naming convention, which states that only those 30 cities (!) can stand alone without identifying the state. Columbus is not among them. 188.8.131.52 (talk) 03:02, 25 June 2009 (UTC)
I know WP isn't about advertising, but the current aerial photo would suggest that Columbus is shrouded in smog, which hasn't been my personal experience when visiting there. Does anybody have a clear-air photo of the city?~Mack2~ 17:18, 14 November 2014 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 4 external links on Downtown Columbus, Ohio. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20150511183752/http://www.touring-ohio.com:80/central/columbus/columbus-history.html to http://www.touring-ohio.com/central/columbus/columbus-history.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20151226190725/http://downtowncolumbus.com/home/moving-forward/huntington-park/ to http://downtowncolumbus.com/home/moving-forward/huntington-park
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20151226043039/http://www.sciotomile.com/parks/genoa-park-and-riverfront-amphitheater/ to http://www.sciotomile.com/parks/genoa-park-and-riverfront-amphitheater/
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20141210041242/http://factfinder2.census.gov/faces/nav/jsf/pages/community_facts.xhtml to http://factfinder2.census.gov/faces/nav/jsf/pages/community_facts.xhtml
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.