Talk:Dr. Phil (TV series)
|WikiProject United States|
|WikiProject Television||(Rated Start-class, High-importance)|
Is the "Incident" really necessary?
- Because it was in major media and is relevant to the understanding of the show, yes. Calwatch 03:47, 10 October 2006 (UTC)
- 1 Season Five Premiere
- 2 reliability Dr. Phil
- 3 Spoofs
- 4 Scammers
- 5 Iraq
- 6 HIPAA
- 7 Incidents: Porn star problems
- 8 Phil-isms: vandalism?
- 9 Phil-isms
- 10 Ambiguous "it"
- 11 "Dr. Phil is an talk show.."
- 12 Broadcasters?
- 13 Dr. Phil the show that you have on today I went though it with my oldest son . The only think that change him was when he got hit by a suv on mass.ave. in Boston When they got him in the hospital they brouth him back to life then operate on him every bon
Season Five Premiere
This press release puts the date of the premiere of Season Five (the current season) of the show as September 18, 2006, not September 11, 2006, as the article states. It is true the episodes which aired the week of September 11-15 were new, while most of the shows which aired through June, July and August were repeats, but that's not uncommon for this show, which frequently airs new episodes of the previous season just prior to the season premiere. In Season Four, it aired five new episodes in July, four in August and six in September before the 9/18 premiere of Season Five. According to the official Website, the fourth season began on Wednesday, September 14, 2005 after twelve new episodes earlier that August and September - including two the Monday and Tuesday prior to that Wednesday premiere. Season Three began on September 13, 2004 after airing ten new episodes beginning August 30. And Season Two began on Friday, September 19, 2003, after all the shows in the week leading up to it (and all but one of the shows in the two weeks leading up to that) were new. -- JCaesar 06:07, 26 November 2006 (UTC)
reliability Dr. Phil
- For dutch-language speakers - victims sue Phil for more than 1 million dollars. http://www.telegraaf.nl/prive/3252652/_Broers_Kalpoe_claimen_meer_dan_miljoen_van_Dr._Phil__.html?p=13,1
This list is incomplete, there are many more in the article on Dr Phil himself. Maybe these articles, or just the spoofs (references in popular culture) list, should be merged? 220.127.116.11 10:50, 15 January 2007 (UTC)
I think the paragraph about the women scamming viewers should be in the Dr Phil (person) article. While the scam and sting were shown on the show, the scam was actually involveing Dr Phil and his wife Robin themselves and not the show. Naysie (my tildes key is broken)
There was just now a story on NPR about how Dr. Phil is quite popular in Iraq. I notice that there's an Arabic interwiki in the article... AnonMoos 12:38, 23 June 2007 (UTC)
Did Dr. Phil violate the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) when he discussed Britney Spears' mental health issues? —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 14:28, 16 January 2008 (UTC)
Incidents: Porn star problems
I'm planning to restore a paragraph under "Incidents" that was deleted on May 7, 2007 by Appollotiger who claimed that the reference cited was a "bad link." The New York Daily News article that documented this incident can be viewed in its original format on the Internet Archive at http://web.archive.org/web/20051231052936/http://www.nydailynews.com/news/gossip/story/313967p-268580c.html. The deleted paragraph was this:
- In a show that aired on May 2, 2005 the twin sisters Crystal and Jocelyn Potter appeared; Crystal claimed to want to "work" in the adult industry together with Jocelyn, who rejected the idea as repulsive. Brothel owner Dennis Hof was interviewed and stated that the two could make half a million dollars per year in his establishment. It turns out that the sister's testimony was less than truthful: since 2002 they have appeared as the "Potter sisters" in numerous porn movies together, and in 2003 they even appeared together with Hof in the porn movie "Goin' down at the Bunny Ranch".
- Done. Please be bold if you think something is vandalism. Also, please think about getting a user account. There are a lot of tools that can help to make the anti-vandal process faster. Rgoodermote 00:37, 12 June 2008 (UTC)
The Dr. Phil House was set in an actual house within the Wilshire Park neighborhood in Los Angeles. It received numerous complaints from neighbors about the disruption caused by filming crews and the mentally unstable guests, unsightly cables and production trucks clogging the neighborhood, and the constant traffic caused by filming. The "it" is ambiguous and needs to be clarified. Ed (talk) 11:21, 20 August 2008 (UTC)
"Dr. Phil is an talk show.."
Is it really necessary to have a section on when and on which channels the show is aired in a numbber of countries? Last time I checked wikipedia was not a tv-guide. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 17:53, 11 January 2010 (UTC)
- I agree. I list of channels it is broadcast in, maybe. But listing channels and actual times is ridiculous. Unless someone objects, I will remove the list. Ashmoo (talk) 15:08, 29 March 2010 (UTC)
---Can someone please edit the broadcasters section to show whether the the foreign 'casts are dubbed, or if they stay in English? I would tend to think they are dubbed (or subtitled). Thanks. Dwight666 (talk) 15:31, 4 January 2012 (UTC)
Dr. Phil the show that you have on today I went though it with my oldest son . The only think that change him was when he got hit by a suv on mass.ave. in Boston When they got him in the hospital they brouth him back to life then operate on him every bon
e in his face was broken plus brain damage .Short term memories are not working right anymore. He is alive and turn 180 degree around don't want to do anything wrong again it's a pleasure to be with him again The doctors didn't think that he would make it but God must have been on his side and protected him cause he still with us. So I feel for that him and his wife and what there going though cause my wife and I been there and went though it. I like your show watch every day.thank you for helping all those people that on your show keep up the good work. Hubert Madore n.Easton Ma.02356. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 19:46, 21 August 2014 (UTC)