Talk:Driving licence in New Zealand
|WikiProject New Zealand||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
Title of Article
The current name of this article seems awkward and innaccurate. I would suggest moving it to one of New Zealand Driver License (which is the title on the actual license) or Driver Licensing in New Zealand - which suggests a wider coverage of the topic. Another possibility is that we have two articles by the above names, the first on the physical license (and past versions) and the second on the licensing process. Please indicate which option you support below: dramatic (talk) 22:26, 31 January 2008 (UTC)
- Regardless of the option chosen (and I don't have a strong opinion), shouldn't it be "licence" rather than "license"? The former is the correct New Zealand English spelling while the latter is an Americanism. - Axver (talk) 07:13, 8 February 2008 (UTC)
Support New Zealand Driver License
Support Driver Licensing in New Zealand
New Zealand Driver's License
- This seems more natural English to me, although I accept the "New Zealand Driver License" option has the advantage of being what's printed on the licence itself. Some history of older driving licenses would of course be good.-gadfium 04:47, 1 February 2008 (UTC)
Manual and automatic transmission
- I can't see any mention of this at the ltsa website. It appears that a full license covers any normal car. I suppose that it is possible that this situation is covered by an endorsement of the licence, but I can't find such an endorsement listed. I suggest you ring the ltsa and ask them.-gadfium 21:44, 19 February 2008 (UTC)
I've tried to revert the article name (it doesn't seem to work, after saving it, it's just the same. Quite odd). There was no consensus to change it. Also the new title is a misspelling. It's Licensing with an S not C. Licence Noun, License Verb (and thus licensing). Ozdaren (talk) 10:59, 30 March 2008 (UTC)
I have both a current and an old (paper) license here - is there any objection to me scanning and uploading them? I'm not sure how copyright, image use policy and the prevailing style of the article intersect here, so I'd appreciate some input from the regulars. Orpheus (talk) 00:25, 1 November 2008 (UTC)
- I don't know about the copyright situation, but posting an image of your current license may leave you vulnerable to identity theft. You'll probably get more feedback if you ask at the New Zealand Wikipedians' notice board and Help desk.-gadfium 19:11, 3 November 2008 (UTC)
All statements indicating the driving age to be fifteen have been changed to past tense, and all statements indicating the driving age to be sixteen have been changed to present tense. Someone may wish to clear it up to ensure it is up to scratch. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 20:31, 2 August 2011 (UTC)
I will add some images about my temporary driver's licence (with some blurred sensitive material) and also about a car with a learner licence label on it. I'll do it when I get them. Qwertyxp2000 (talk | contribs) 23:09, 7 December 2016 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Driving licence in New Zealand. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120719162922/http://www.nzta.govt.nz/licence/photo/gdls-changing.html to http://www.nzta.govt.nz/licence/photo/gdls-changing.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.