|Dune (novel) was a Language and literature good articles nominee, but did not meet the good article criteria at the time. There are suggestions below for improving the article. Once these issues have been addressed, the article can be renominated. Editors may also seek a reassessment of the decision if they believe there was a mistake.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|This page has been cited as a source by a notable professional or academic publication:
'Stephenson said in an interview that this material is an extension of what many science fiction and fantasy novels already offer.
“I can remember reading Dune for the first time, and I started by reading the glossary,” he said. “Any book that had that kind of extra stuff in it was always hugely fascinating to me.”'
http://venturebeat.com/2010/08/31/writer-neal-stephenson-unveils-his-digital-novel-the-mongoliad/ --Gwern (contribs) 15:07 1 September 2010 (GMT)
In popular culture
A comedy that kicks off with a failed suicide attempt and follows it up with a beardy bloke in a dog suit lifting quotes from Frank Herbert’s Dune is practically cocking its leg and spraying its self-conscious wackiness all over you....Luckily for him, salvation came in the shape of his next-door neighbour’s dog, the eponymous Wilfred, who Ryan is alone in seeing as a strapping geezer with an Aussie accent.
In the MMORPG Wizard101, sections of the latest world of Mirage borrow from Dune, with many names slightly altered to fit the feline profile of some of that world's inhabitants. JenniferRSong (talk) 00:26, 16 January 2017 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 5 external links on Dune (novel). Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://nebulaawards.com/awards/archive/pastwin.htm
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.digitalwebbing.com/interviews/042104_anderson.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20090921011119/http://blogs.amctv.com/scifi-scanner/2009/08/brian-herbert-interview.php to http://blogs.amctv.com/scifi-scanner/2009/08/brian-herbert-interview.php
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20100114042042/http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com:80/2010/01/04/dune-remake/ to http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2010/01/04/dune-remake/
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20151104013852/http://www.justsomelyrics.com/503492/Matthew-Good-Near-Fantastica-Lyrics to http://www.justsomelyrics.com/503492/Matthew-Good-Near-Fantastica-Lyrics
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.