Talk:Dweezil Zappa/Archive 1
|This is an archive of past discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the current talk page.|
- 1 Name pronunciation
- 2 Dweezil and EVH
- 3 Dweezil and Zappa Plays Zappa
- 4 Hospital involvement in name
- 5 Citations needed
- 6 Dispute?
- 7 The business
- 8 Guest Appearance???
- 9 Why is Frank Zappa and The Mothers of Invention's Discography in this Article?
- 10 Age?
- 11 The Gibson SG ...
- 12 Request
- 13 External links modified
I am quite sure that I have the pronunciation correct and that it is of an important encyclopedic nature that the pronunciation be present. If you have questions or concerns, please discuss them with me before removing it again. Grika 13:03, 17 Jun 2005 (UTC)
- I agree with you 100% that an encyclopedic treatment of the subject should include information on the pronunciation of his name. However, the problem here is that of verifiability. In my cursory search, I can't find any information anywhere that indicates that pronunciation is correct. I don't doubt that you're correct. It's just that even if you're quite sure it's correct, that still doesn't count as usable source according to WP:V. Hopefully you can find a source for this somewhere that you can cite in the article. Until then, it's probably best to leave it out. adavidw 05:48, 5 March 2006 (UTC)
- It's pronounced exactly how it's spelled: "Dweezil." (Ibaranoff24 16:04, 10 June 2006 (UTC))
Dweezil and EVH
I have read Dweezil cite Ratt's Warren Dimartini as his favorite guitarist, but not Van Halen. Frank Zappa supposedly secured guitar lessons for Dweezil from EVH however.
- Is this corroborated (the "lessons" part)? BTW: In concert, May 17, 2006, Dweezil told that Frank had Steve Vai providing guitar lessons for him.--HJ 13:58, 1 June 2006 (UTC)
Dweezil and Zappa Plays Zappa
It has been suggested that the "Zappa Plays Zappa" article is merged into the Dweezil article. My own opinion is that it should not. Dweezil has his own distinct career with solo records. The Zappa Plays Zappa is a tour he is a major part of, but is as much related to Frank Zappa as to himself. Moreover, the Zappa plays Zappa could very well be an on-going thing, thereby warranting an independent article (just as many artists have separate articles about their key compositions and albums). Let me hear. For now I have removed the suggestion from both articles.--HJ 19:51, 2 June 2006 (UTC)
Hospital involvement in name
Dweezil's registered birth name was Ian Donald Calvin Euclid Zappa, although this occurred only because the hospital at which he was born refused to register him under the name Dweezil.
- To me, this doesn't sound right. What does it have to do with the hospital? The legal name of a new baby is the one chosen by its parents and approved by the Registrar of Births (or the equivalent government agency). The hospital has zero say in the matter. JackofOz 23:33, 12 February 2007 (UTC)
One would think. Read what Frank had to say about the incident in "The Real Frank Zappa Book", though.
I'm new to the article and cleaned up the request for a citation for "What the hell was I Thinking". Now that it is cleaned up, there are no marked citation problems and I didn't see much contention in the article. Perhaps now the article issue tag can be removed -- Uwishiwazjohng (talk) 05:07, 23 February 2009 (UTC)
The page says the accuracy of this page is in dispute, but I see nowhere what exactly has been disputed. Could people please tell that here? Andre Engels 13:28, 5 Mar 2004 (UTC)
Sure. If you look at the page history, you'll see that JohnOwens believed that the user of IP 188.8.131.52 on 2 Jun was user:Michael, who has a reputation of creating subtle inaccuracies in articles. It just needs a sanity check. Martin 18:12, 5 Mar 2004 (UTC)
- There ain't no sanity check. MrBook 20:57, 26 May 2006 (UTC)
The article begins by stating Dweezil's mother was in "the business." While in some circles the term, "the business" has a colloquial meaning, connoting the entertainment business or "show" business, it is not necessarily in general usage and as such, could likely cause confusion if not properly qualified. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 03:35, 7 June 2010 (UTC)
- Good comment. By all means, be bold and make that change. Don't worry about doing something wrong. Also, please sign messages on talk pages with four tildes (~~~~)? - Thanks. - DVdm (talk) 08:01, 7 June 2010 (UTC)
Didn't Dweezil play lead guitar on at least one Don Johnson song? I could swear I remember him in the video which you can probably see on Youtube. Check Allmusic.com for album info.
Why is Frank Zappa and The Mothers of Invention's Discography in this Article?
The Gibson SG ...
Quote: "Gibson SG - Custom built to replicate his father's SG (the replica is so accurate that it is often mistaken for Frank's original guitar by fans)." But when you listen to Frank playing his SG ... *biggrin* — Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 17:19, 18 September 2013 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 3 external links on Dweezil Zappa. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20130902041836/http://www.zappaplayszappa.com/tourdates.html to http://www.zappaplayszappa.com/tourdates.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110927134203/http://www.zappa.com/zpz/tourlog/index.php?year=2008&month=6&day=6 to http://www.zappa.com/zpz/tourlog/index.php?year=2008&month=6&day=6
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120424183331/http://www.dweezilzappaworld.com/articles/23-dweezil-zappa-bio to http://www.dweezilzappaworld.com/articles/23-dweezil-zappa-bio
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.