|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Well so obviously (if I may say so) this article still needs some work. Currently it has the bio up until about 1929, because the perceived conflict between Vertov's theory of work, his political writings, and The Man With The Movie Camera was the topic of my paper; I'll go back and find out what happened in the next 15 years of his life and add in a summary of that. But if someone here knows about it, why not go ahead and add it? <g> --Koyaanis Qatsi
- I've been unable to find anything on the rest of Vertov's life. I think that, without having Vertov's collected writings to lean on, I won't find anything about it. --KQ
- Yes, interesting, huh? ... Of course, anyone who works with Lumet goes up a few notches in my book. Koyaanis Qatsi
More old talk
Would a reference to his later appropriation by Godard and Gorin be useful? Deleuze 00:25, 15 May 2005 (UTC)
Biography assessment rating comment
Although the article received a B rating, the article may be improved by following the WikiProject Biography 11 easy steps to producing at least a B article. Also, the references should be linked to the text of the article such as by using footnotes. -- Jreferee 18:57, 6 June 2007 (UTC)
An image from 1934 film Three Songs About Lenin has been deleted. This might be fair use on an article about the film, or that film could be PD by now. John Vandenberg (talk) 06:05, 27 February 2008 (UTC)
Isnt he DENIS Kaufman??
DAVID ABELEVICH KAUFMAN. See V. Magidov, "Iz arkhiva Vertova." He later used the name "Denis Arkadievich," but was born "David Abelevich."
File:Dziga Vertov.jpg Nominated for Deletion
|An image used in this article, File:Dziga Vertov.jpg, has been nominated for deletion at Wikimedia Commons in the following category: Deletion requests May 2012
Don't panic; a discussion will now take place over on Commons about whether to remove the file. This gives you an opportunity to contest the deletion, although please review Commons guidelines before doing so.
To take part in any discussion, or to review a more detailed deletion rationale please visit the relevant image page (File:Dziga Vertov.jpg)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Dziga Vertov. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20090528024658/http://archive.sensesofcinema.com:80/contents/directors/03/vertov.html to http://archive.sensesofcinema.com/contents/directors/03/vertov.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.