|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
About 'Decline' section
In this section is said: <<In 1986, Eclipse lost most of its back-issue stock in a flood.>> But when you read the reference linked, you find Cat Yronwood saying: <<In 1986, i was living in Guerneville, California, and working for Eclipse Comics, when the Russian River and its tributary Hulbert Creek flooded and converged, putting my house under eight feet of water. I lost my five file copies of the beautifully printed chapter of The Lesser Book, but two good people, Eluki XXX and Barrance C. Lespine , supplied replacements, for which i am very grateful. My original ledger book manuscript escaped the flood by virtue of having been stored in a loft above the water line.>>
I don't read anything that confirms that Eclipse lost most os its back-issue stock. Yronwood lost some originals, of course, but I don't think that a personal lost (that was replaced) would be a reason for the decline six years later. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 14:25, 15 December 2012 (UTC)
- Hi, this is cat. The loss of many hundreds of cartons of back stock comic books -- about 90% of our published back stock -- in the flood meant that no further back issue subscription sales could be undertaken, and those sales were a distinct portion of the company's income. In addition, all of the four-colour film negatives for past printed comics were lost in the flood, and because this was in the pre-digital era, the result was that no graphic album collections could be produced from the issues thus affected, limiting another source of income which had previously been profitable. There have been those who, over the years have claimed that these losses were not great, but in fact they were significant and the company never regained its strong financial position after the flood. cat yronwode, not logged in 184.108.40.206 (talk) 06:38, 20 July 2017 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 4 external links on Eclipse Comics. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110716194521/http://www.milehighcomics.com/interviews/donmcgregor.html to http://www.milehighcomics.com/interviews/donmcgregor.html
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.luckymojo.com/comicswarehouse.html
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.luckymojo.com/vishantiprolepsis.html
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://isbndb.com/d/publisher/eclipse_books.html
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.