Talk:Edward William Archibald
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Edward William Archibald was nominated as a good article in the Natural sciences category but did not meet the good article criteria at the time. There are suggestions on the review page for improving the article. Once these are addressed, the article can be renominated. Editors may also seek a reassessment of the decision if they believe there was a mistake.
Reviewed version: November 17, 2010
|A fact from Edward William Archibald appeared on Wikipedia's Main Page in the Did you know? column on 11 November 2010 (check views). The text of the entry was as follows: "Did you know
- This review is transcluded from Talk:Edward William Archibald/GA1. The edit link for this section can be used to add comments to the review.
Reviewer: —focus 23:41, 5 November 2010 (UTC)
Nice article, if it is a bit brief. I'll have comments up as soon as possible.
- Is surgery that much of a 'specialist' field? Was there a specific type of sugery he was interested in? If so, that should be mentioned in the intro.
- I find it awkward when you refer to Archibald as 'the surgeon' (you do this throughout the article). It almost seems as if you start talking about a different person, so it confused me at first. It's okay one or two times, but I'd recommend editing those out, unless you have a specific reason to keep them.
- Update: There are a few more points I could make, but since there hasn't been a reply for 11 days, I'm forced to fail the article. Just drop me a note if you'd like me to re-review it. —focus 04:10, 17 November 2010 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Edward William Archibald. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110615074302/http://www.muhcfoundation.com/en/hp/2006_12_pit_e to http://www.muhcfoundation.com/en/hp/2006_12_pit_e
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070825030713/http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.com:80/index.cfm?PgNm=TCE&Params=A1ARTA0000283 to http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.com/index.cfm?PgNm=TCE&Params=A1ARTA0000283
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.