|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Empty Walls article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|WikiProject Songs||(Rated Start-class)|
|This page was previously nominated for deletion. Please review the discussions if considering re-nomination:|
- Along with The Unthinking Majority I object to this page's deletion. It is confirmed to be a single on October 15th. Although it has not been released, it has atleast been confirmed. And that should give it some notability, enough to keep the page atleast. FallenWings47 08:33, 28 August 2007 (UTC)
- I agree too. Don't delete this page. User:Risteristevski 12:43, 15 September 2007 (GMT+1)
- I added a description of the video, along with a link to it. Does anyone object? Chicken Twinky 06:19, 13 September 2007
If the current description of the video is yours, then well done; its excellent. --03crichardson 17:36, 23 September 2007 (UTC)
I don't think that Serj is going for an Uncle Sam look, but a classical Orwellian description of a Fat Cat Capitalist. Just a thought -WFleming —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 19:53, 15 March 2008 (UTC)
The current description is not bad, but I propose to write a small interpretation of the song. We'd be able to differ between description and interpretation better, all meaning of the video would be under interpretation. Maybe I'll do that in the next few days. I think too that Serj imitates Uncle Sam in the video ("I want you" and the hat), but I'd really like to know how you come to the idea that he imitates Saddam? But he really is dressed differently in the video, and what that could mean is really interesting. Any ideas? In the interpretaion it should be said that the song isn't about Iraq war only. It's more about the empty walls (haha) people have in their minds and that we are "educated" to have.18.104.22.168 (talk) 03:15, 4 May 2008 (UTC)
has anyone noticed that he is wearing a white outfit whilst the children are looking, but changes to a black one when they arent? —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 02:37, 14 July 2008 (UTC)
- On You FM, where you play today's hits on your CD player. -Rolypolyman (talk) 05:16, 20 June 2008 (UTC)
There should probably be a section about the song itself, as referring to lyrics. For example, what topical issues the song is likely about. Its message, symbolism, etc. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 11:35, 27 October 2007 (UTC)
Too broad a comparison for Uncle Sam?
That whole comparison of Serj Tankian looking like Uncle Sam I think is purely opinionated, because it's far too broad a comparison... for one, Serj not only looks nothing like Uncle Sam, but makes no active or subtle attempt to look like him, be it with the facial hair or the outfit. The only comparison could be that they're both wearing top hats and suits, in which case you could use that logic to say ANYONE who wears a tophat and suit is imitating Uncle Sam; it's too broad a comparison to make and it sounds ridiculous, as if saying "THE SONG IS ABOUT SPREADING HERPES!" and proceeding to justify that claim through a series of obscure, broad, and downright speculative claims that are nonsensical to most. AndarielHalo (talk) 17:21, 24 June 2008 (UTC)
I forgot where I read it, but I read somewhere that the true content of the song may be about the Armenian Genocide, citing the lines "dying of anticipation"---the Armenians knew the Kurdish death squads under the Ottomans were after them; "choking from intoxication"---many Armenians were poisoned; "I loved you yesterday before you killed my family"---that the Armenians were likely as loyal subjects to the Ottomans as any group of people under Ottoman rule, until the 1800s and so on when the calls for greater freedoms started causing issues with the Ottomans.
Its just speculation, due to the fact that he is Armenian. The true meaning is the War in Iraq, which would be quit clear if you have seen the music video, since the video contains scenes of children doing the 9/11 attack and pulling down Suddam's (A teddy bear in the video) statue. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 02:10, 16 July 2010 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Empty Walls. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20071011194922/http://store.warnerbrosrecordsstore.com/prod.aspx?pfid=1548612&sid=1479ECED7AED407595DA87981915D5FD to http://store.warnerbrosrecordsstore.com/prod.aspx?pfid=1548612&sid=1479ECED7AED407595DA87981915D5FD
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070907222446/http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/article/?id=46989 to http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/article/?id=46989
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.