Talk:Encantadia (2005 TV series)
|Encantadia (2005 TV series) is a former featured article candidate. Please view the links under Article milestones below to see why the nomination failed. For older candidates, please check the archive.|
|WikiProject Tambayan Philippines||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject Soap Operas|
- 1 Article length and scope
- 2 Plot summary
- 3 Imperya
- 4 Gayak pandigma
- 5 Missing one character from the human world
- 6 Executive producer of Encantadia
- 7 Cast section vs. article
- 8 Pashnea
- 9 Wars of Encantadia
- 10 Merchandise
- 11 Suggested outline of articles
- 12 Unreferenced
- 13 Ynang Reyna, Linang and Mulagat
- 14 PLOT
- 15 Copyvio, cruft
- 16 undefined words
Article length and scope
I think the article needs some cleanup and reorganization. For instance, I think the character descriptions in the various listings (royal family of Lireo, etc.) should be brief for major characters with separate articles; to avoid redundancy, character details should only be in the individual articles. In general, the Encantadia main article itself should discuss at length only those areas that are not covered in separate sub-articles, which in turn can be linked to from the Encantadia "parent" article. --Mercurio 05:29, 22 December 2005 (UTC)
- I agree, until now, this is not yet done, in my spare time perhaps I may help, this article should nbe trimmed down as much as possible, The Kingdoms and Characters give quite redundant facts, which I think should be spun-off to separate articles. And description of Characters with their own pages should be transferred there, some WORK..! --—- .:Seth Nimbosa:. (talk • contribs) 21:30, 26 January 2007 (UTC)
I'm thinking the Encantadia article should focus on discussing the program itself (technical, non-story/meta-story aspects), and the Encantadia story-world -- its geography, perhaps a history and timeline, language, and other background information. --Mercurio 05:29, 22 December 2005 (UTC)
Can we make this article as an overview of the whole Encantadia series? Just like the Harry Potter article is an overview of all the Harry Potter books and movies. This article would serve only as link for Encantadia: Unang Aklat, Encantandia: Etheria, Ang Ikalimang Kaharian ng Encantadia and Encantadia: Pag-ibig Hanggang Wakas and the details of each series will be discussed on their respective articles. I would gladly start the changes if nobody disagrees with me. --Jojit fb 03:16, 23 February 2006 (UTC)
- Hi. My thinking is that the Encantadia main article should be about both:
- Encantadia (Book One), the television series, and
- the land of Encantadia, the fantasy world introduced in that series.
- If I understand your suggestion correctly, you're proposing that the former be separated into its own article.
- In principle I think it's OK to split off the discussion of the first TV series, but my own question is where would the line be drawn? In particular, in which article would you cover aspects like the main characters (the Sang'gres), the kingdoms, the history, and so on. (In the overview or the Book One article?)
- The big problem I've seen with the Encantadia articles is redundancy: so much information is repeated in articles because of overlapping scopes. Right now, I think it would be difficult to cleanly separate a discussion of Encantadia Book One from an overview of the realm of Encantadia. But if you can present how you'd divide the content to avoid redundancy, you'll have my vote. Thanks. --Mercurio 03:46, 24 February 2006 (UTC)
- Disregard my previous suggestion. I have a better idea. I'm proposing to make a new article that will discuss the entire Encantadia universe (i.e. characters, places, weather, culture etc.) and the individual series or book should only contain information about the show (i.e. production, cast, criticisms, ratings etc.) plus a two paragraph plot summary minus the information about the Encantadia universe. This will avoid repetition of information on characters, places etc. in the three series (Encantadia: Book One, Etheria and Encantadia: PHW) and it will shorten the length of each of the articles. What do you think? --Jojit fb 02:10, 1 March 2006 (UTC)
- Hi. I think both Jojit's and Howard's suggestions are essentially the same: to split the discussion of Encantadia the fantasy world/universe from Encantadia the TV series. The former would deal with the story-world (its geography, history, characters, etc.) and would also be sort of an overview/portal article. The latter would deal with the program (specifically Book One), its creation, production and reception.
- As I've said before, I am not against the idea/concept of splitting the articles along these lines. My concern and hesitation is the implementation, specifically how to avoid/minimize repetition of information on characters and story. Jojit's idea of keeping a short Synopsis and a cast list in the new Encantadia (TV series) article sounds good in theory. (The existing article name Encantadia can be retained for the overview of Encantadia the fantasy world.)
- However, I do respect both of your opinions. If you really want to give it a try, then go ahead. It may be the only way to test whether it works, and we can always merge the articles back if it doesn't, right? --Mercurio 11:09, 5 March 2006 (UTC)
Umm...could I make another suggestion...I think it would be better if this article would rather focus on the show rather than the Encantadia Universe. In order to minimize the size, it would be necessary to scrap out all the kingdoms and everything below it except the cast and move it to Diwatas, Sapirians, Adamyans, Hathors, Etherians, Encantadian Trinity and Ancients, Minor Encantadian Characters, Brilyantes and Gabay-diwas and Powerful Artifacts. This would eliminate the bulk that we were trying to remove for a very long time...right??? deecee 01:51, 2 May 2006 (UTC)
The infobox is WAY TOO LONG. An infobox is a summary. Having all of the actors and actresses in there would defeat the purpose of the infobox. As such, I'd be removing a great deal of info on the Starring list. Howard the Duck 07:25, 12 February 2006 (UTC)
- Agreed. Keep only the top-billed cast in the infobox, and place the rest in the body of the article (which you've done). Mercurio 01:42, 16 February 2006 (UTC)
Brief descriptions for characters listed in main article
I think the main Encantadia article should provide an overview of Encantadia both as a TV series and Encantadia as a fantasy world/setting. The main article should serve like a home page, linking to sub-pages that contain further detail. Hence, descriptions in character listings within the main article (such as the royal family of Lireo) should be brief --only a line or two-- for major characters that already have separate articles. What happens to a character and other detailed information belong in that character's separate article; conversely, such details are unnecessary and redundant in the parent article.
The brief descriptions should reflect general, introductory information about a character. For Pirena, for example, I think it's sufficient to say that she is one of Mine-a's four daughters and is the keeper of the Gem of Fire. Her role/function as a main antagonist in the series could also be mentioned, although it could be left out as well since this is already discussed in the main plot summary. It would not be necessary to say that Hagorn is her father (which I think is best revealed in her own article, possibly after a spoiler warning), or that she succeeds in attaining the throne of Lireo for a time (this being already, and more aptly, discussed in her individual article, the article on Lirean queens, etc.) Mercurio 01:42, 16 February 2006 (UTC)
- I've trying my best to clean the article, although it seems that this article is prone to spamming. However, I'd agree that this article should give an overview, not showing all of the characters in one page. After all if that was the case, the Yahoo! webpage would take forever to load, if that would be the principle applied.
- Now, I'm proposing to split the article. Main characters (the major characters may get their own articles, if they hadn't got one). All of the minor characters may go to a List of minor characters in Encantadia. The plot/story shouldn't tell everything. As I've said before, this an encyclopedia, not a fan site. The places in Encantadia section may say how Encantadia is divided, and how the human world is shown, but not the descriptions (they should go to the List of places in Encantadia article.
- Although the page is full of information, is way too overloaded. Information overload, perhaps? The page looks messy and unorganized (how should we order the sections?, etc.). What are your thoughts? Howard the Duck 15:37, 17 February 2006 (UTC)
- After reading that, I'm conviced that the major character section has to be shortened. And the places section should be significantly reduced. Howard the Duck 03:41, 18 February 2006 (UTC)
Breaking up into individual articles
All right? Main characters, main places, secondary characters, secondary places, language, inspirations. Uthanc 07:11, 27 December 2005 (UTC)
- At least I've relegated language and inspirations to separate articles. Uthanc 10:22, 27 December 2005 (UTC)
- Here they are:
- Uthanc 07:59, 28 December 2005 (UTC)
Speaking of which, could someone make an article separate for the gems, their gabay-diwas and its origins. It would be great to give more knowledge about these. I'd really appreciate it.--deecee 16:01, 17 April 2006 (UTC)
(184.108.40.206 07:28, 23 September 2005 (UTC)check the spelling, please.
- I think it is the correct spelling. --Jojit fb 09:01, 23 September 2005 (UTC)
- Etheria is the correct spelling and not Imperya according to the recent edits by an anonymous user. --Jojit fb 07:51, 26 September 2005 (UTC)
- I thank the one who edited my suggestion, because what Bandok (or Axilom) said confused both my ears. I haven't created an account yet at that time --User:Heran et Sang'gres Heran et Sang'gres 20:40, 10 April 2006 (UTC)
Dont you think that the term "Gayak Pandigma" should be included in this site? Gayak Pandigma means war armour.
The term was used in one of the episodes
Missing one character from the human world
Can someone give the name of third maid of Anthony? Aside from Mira and Lira, there are three maids but only two are listed here - Yolanda and Rosing. --Jojit fb 00:47, 16 December 2005 (UTC) Maya ung name nung 3rd maid.
Executive producer of Encantadia
There's a new info (Executive Producer) in the infobox. I assume that the Executive Producer of Encantadia is Wilma Galvante because she has been the Executive Producer of Mulawin. Can someone confirm this? --Jojit fb 03:10, 24 February 2006 (UTC)
- Hi. I've checked the end credits, and, yes, Wilma Galvante is the Executive in Charge of Production. --Mercurio 23:09, 24 February 2006 (UTC)
- Whoops. A friend clarified to me that an 'Executive in Charge of Production' is not the same thing as an 'Executive Producer'. I was also told that the role of Executive Producer in the Philippines may not be the same as that of an Executive Producer in other countries.
- That said, I've looked further into the credits, and Encantadia's Executive Producers are actually Winnie Hollis Reyes and Mona C. Mayuga. Wilma Galvante is actually a senior network executive who leads GMA's entire Television Entertainment group, making her the titular head of all GMA's entertainment productions including Mulawin and Encantadia. --Mercurio 09:07, 25 February 2006 (UTC)
Cast section vs. article
Hi. Trying to avoid a revert war, let's talk about how best to present the cast information. Since this concerns 3 articles (the Books of the Encantadia saga), I think it would be appropriate to centralize discussion at the WikiProject Encantadia talk page. Thanks. --Mercurio 03:53, 24 March 2006 (UTC)
I think we should include the kinds of pashneas in the article. We should separate them from, ex. Ganto - Ascano and Ajantao, and transfer them to a pashnea category. --Sang'gre Danaya's baby 14:02, 23 April 2006 (UTC)
Wars of Encantadia
Avisala ri. Can we make an article about the wars of Encantadia? Starting from the celestial wars down to the last war in the series. How about that? Avisala meiste. Heran et Sang'gres 19:56, 1 May 2006 (UTC)
DVDs have been released. And, is it still possible to get Mister Donut pillows of the sang'gres (possibly a second source other than Mr. Donut)?
Suggested outline of articles
- Television series
- Encantadia (TV series) or Encantadia, Season 1
- Etheria (TV series) or Etheria: Ang Ikalimang Kaharian ng Encantadia
- Encantadia: Pag-Ibig Hanggang Wakas
- Plot summaries (as of now, none yet)
- List of places in Encantadia
- Kingdoms of Encantadia or Encantadia (world) (first one is preferred)
- Other places in the Encantadia trilogy
- Family Tree of Encantadia << should be renamed as Family tree of Encantadia
- Sources of inspiration for Encantadia and Etheria << suggestion: rename to Sources of inspiration for the Encantadia trilogy or Sources of inspiration for the Encantadia saga
- Timeline of Encantadia
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Encantadia
- I see that most of the articles above have been merged because of "(...) WP:REF, WP:FANCRUFT, WP:TRIVIA Pure unreferenced, fan-made information (...)" (and I'll add Wikipedia:Manual of Style (writing about fiction) because of how the details are written). For the non-initiated, this means that you need to find secondary sources like reviews, articles or even books. And those sources have to mention the details in the article. I suggest looking for old Philippine newspapers, and maybe TV magazines. (I am OK with the merging of the articles here).
- I'll say that too much information has been removed from this article. I humbly suggest:
- a) restoring "Production and reception" since it indicates its relationship to real world places (still, it would be much better if you could provide a source. Try to see if someone has written a book about the series, or if the producers released some official book with details about the series)
- b) restoring "Ratings" because it indicates real world importance in Philippines
- c) idem for "Awards and nominations"
- d) idem for "Portrayal in film and television", but removing fluff prose like "Some of the colorful characters of the series" or "Encantadia fans is now roaming the world for their journey". The detailed correspondence of actor-character needs to be moved to Mulawin. In the bubble gang thing, place only the two funniest spoofs and remove the rest.
- e) restoring a very slimmed down version of "Plot summary", it should a summary of the main argument, not a blow-by-blow detail of every minor sub-argument, and it doesn't need to include all the fictional context (there is no need to have such a separate summary for each kingdom, I suggest making a Wikia website and moving all that info there)
- f) the items in "Powerful artifacts" should only appear in the "plot" section, only with brief mentions, and only if they are relevant to understanding the overall plot of the series. Again, this belongs to a Wikia-like website.
- -Enric Naval (talk) 16:03, 7 September 2010 (UTC)
I just checked the external links and references in this article. most were dead ends or linked to a log in site, which cannot be used for a reference. so we now have an imdb listing, 2 blog/forum sites, and an article from a newspaper tangentially referring to this tv show. i have no doubt this was a significant tv show in the philippines, but we need to show that here. i have noticed a lot of secondary articles on characters from this show, many of which have no references, many up for deletion. If the tv show cannot be better referenced, most of these secondary articles may have to be deleted. if people care about this tv show, we need more references indicating notability. I have no axe to grind with this show or its fans, and would probably enjoy watching an episode for the visuals, but WP must have reliable references.Mercurywoodrose (talk) 02:49, 25 November 2009 (UTC)
Ynang Reyna, Linang and Mulagat
Is there a way to discuss the relationship of Linang and Mulagat to the S'angres? How about Ynang Reyna? Are the characters portrayed by G. Toengi in Mulawin and Dawn Zulueta in the Encantadia series one and the same? Please discuss the relationship Cassiopeia and Ynang Reyna. If I remembered correctly they are half-sisters. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 17:28, 24 September 2011 (UTC)
Please add the plot of this tv series. Also, enumerate the kingdoms with their descriptions, and the characters should be classified based on what kingdom they live. jmarkfrancia (talk) 11:47, 17 February 2012 (UTC)
This article apparently invites editors to dump all kinds of cruft in here. Content needs, however, to be relevant and well verified. Moreover, I just removed a bunch of content lifted from various sites on the internet: those are copyright violations and will be removed. Drmies (talk) 03:26, 2 October 2013 (UTC)
- The four Sangg'res are tasked to be the new keepers of the brilliantes. Their skills in war and their powers as the royalty of the diwatas
That's right up near the top, in § Premise, and the boldface words haven't been defined. Obviously, every word that's special to this enchanted realm needs to be explained at its first use, or at least linked to a definition in this article or a related one. This holds true even if the meaning is obvious in Tagalog: this is the English Wikipedia. Thnidu (talk) 06:18, 1 May 2015 (UTC)