Talk:Ender in Exile
|WikiProject Novels / Sci-fi||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
The first paragraph has an embedded link to "Ender's Homecoming" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ender%27s_Homecoming_(short_story) ) -- which simply redirects back to this very page itself. Either the redirect needs to be broken to allow the short story to stand as its own entry (which probably lacks importance to do) or unlink. Thoughts? 184.108.40.206 (talk) 18:02, 29 April 2016 (UTC)
I know I'm new to wikipedia, so could someone help with citations for this page please?
I don't know know what I should be citing, besides maybe the book? I'm getting all of this info from reading the book. what exactly am I supposed to cite?
I will definitely cite the book.
Well, I looked at the page for as a model of what to cite, and I don't really see anything useful. The only significant things on the ender in exile page so far is:
- plot summary - which is sitll blank, but I nonetheless I see no citations being necessary on the Ender's Game page for the summary.
- Connection to the short stories - which has links to each page for the individual short stories, and each short story page has sufficient citations. should I still cite them on the ender in exile page?
- Character List - which I also see no need for citations of the Ender's Game page.
- and then there's "see also" "references" and "external links" none of which I would think require citations.
Please help me out. I won't remove the tag for more citations again until I'm told otherwise or if no one responds in a reasonable amount of time.
- Other than citing the actual book about the only place you can use citations without writing a doctoral dissertation on it is to add a section on Literary significance and reception. For a short example of this you can check out A War of Gifts: An Ender Story. However, since Ender in Exile was just released this might be a little difficult.Pmcalduff (talk) 01:41, 19 November 2008 (UTC)
That's what I thought, but Auzemandius says "There's too much information here that needs citations." and added the tag on the page that there needs to be more citations on the page. I added a citation for the release date and removed the tag, and then he added the tag again with the above quote as his edit summary. I'm kinda confused as to what we should do. Jelloshooter (talk) 05:25, 19 November 2008 (UTC)
- Although I agree that they are not really needed (they also won't hurt), I added references to all of the short stories which covers just about everything posted so far. I'm going to remove the needs references tag.Pmcalduff (talk) 11:10, 20 November 2008 (UTC)
Well I put up a plot summary, but I'm sure it's rough and good use some good proof reading. It's almost completely devoid of any links so far also.
Some reviews are out for anyone who wants to post a Literary significance and reception section. I can't really do it myself since I haven't read the book yet.
Synopsis needs a rewrite
The synopsis doesn't make a lot of sense. It seems to mix the events of several books together rather than focusing ont he events of Ender in Exile. Can someone who has read the book please rewrite it and remove the irrelevant info? --Lendorien (talk) 18:25, 6 June 2009 (UTC)
Missing Text In Plot Summary HAS BEEN RESOLVED
This problem was resolved by undoing revision 406513257 made on January, 2011. This revision was either an accident or vandalism, as it simply randomly deleted a large block of text.