|Ideal sources for Wikipedia's health content are defined in the guideline Wikipedia:Identifying reliable sources (medicine) and are typically review articles. Here are links to possibly useful sources of information about Episcleritis.
|WikiProject Medicine / Ophthalmology||(Rated C-class, Low-importance)|
Rare or common?
I'm confused by these two apparently-contradictory statements in the article:
- In the first paragraph:
- Episcleritis is a common condition, and is characterized by the abrupt onset of mild eye pain and redness.
- In the Epidemiology section:
- Episcleritis is a rare disease, and its exact prevalence and incidence are unknown.
- Hi Mark Turner,
- I did some research on this, and it looks like episcleritis is a common condition. I added a reference to an emergency medicine textbook that confirms this. The reference is definitely a reliable medical reference, but perhaps not as good as an ophthalmology textbook. I did check an ophthalmology textbook (Vaughan & Asbury's), but there's no mention of the prevalence of episcleritis. Unfortunately, the ER textbook does not specify any numbers regarding how common episcleritis is; it just says it's a common condition. If anyone has any sources to add to expand upon this further, please do so. Hope that's helpful, Mark. Thanks for commenting! Rytyho usa (talk) 22:15, 14 October 2013 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Episcleritis. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20130513025206/http://www.optometry.co.uk/uploads/articles/2968dcb27c990328d028d328b5c649b5_CETheath-10206.pdf to http://www.optometry.co.uk/uploads/articles/2968dcb27c990328d028d328b5c649b5_CETheath-10206.pdf
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.