Talk:Episcopal see

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search


An episcopal see is an office to a chief bishop in the catholic church.

If the term "episcopal see" is only applicable to the archbishop, "chief bishop" or other head of the church in question what do you call the seats (sedes ) of other bishops of the church? -Cathedra? A clearer distinction between these two in both articles would be good. Wiki-BT (talk) 12:14, 20 March 2008 (UTC)

I guess I need a plain "see" article, if "episcopal see" remains narrowly defined. I'm working on an article that includes the term "suffragan see", which is a diocese run by a bishop who reports to an archbishop. Since there is no specific article with the title "suffragan see", my workaround was to use two internal links. I was going to use "suffragan bishop" for "suffragan", but then what should be my internal link for "see"? If "episcopal see" is for the "chief bishop" of a church, and a suffragan see is below an archbishop (chief bishop), then which link should I use? --Pat (talk) 06:52, 16 April 2008 (UTC)

Should this be included in the See disambig page? ArdClose (talk) 15:09, 27 September 2008 (UTC)