|Escapology has been listed as a level-4 vital article in Art. If you can improve it, please do. This article has been rated as Start-Class.|
|WikiProject Magic||(Rated Start-class)|
Not a science
Does anybody out there think we ought mention that escapology is not a science? And that magicains hate being thought of as scientists because they have a higher calling, which is show business. This is a very nice article. Has it been conected to a sexual fetish page yet? You know straitjacket links here don't you? Two16 21:55 Jan 11, 2003 (UTC)
Book with escapology plot
I dunno about the above, but I have a question about
- The book The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon (winner of the 2001 Pulitzer Prize) features escapology as an important plot point.
Did he win the prize for this book, or a different one? It's ambiguous. Tokerboy
Chabon did indeed win the prize for this book. --TonyW 22:56, 19 May 2004 (UTC)
I'm flagging this article for cleanup - not for a lack of information or verve, just a whole lot of sloppy grammar/punctuation and what I think is an overly conversational tone for a reference article. --Hob 06:11, 2004 Aug 2 (UTC)
- I tried indeed to shave off a bit from the chatty, conversational tone but now it has become a little menacing. These kinds of how-to's don't fit in with encyclopediae, I think...Srd2005 20:11, 4 Aug 2004 (UTC)
- I agree. I was about to jump in and start copyediting but the more I looked at it, the more I thought it needed to be ruthlessly trimmed back. In fact the whole large section on techniques could probably be reduced to a couple of sentences. --LeeHunter 23:31, 16 Aug 2004 (UTC)
Also, the Techniques section seems to be essentially a how-to in terms of keeping people bound up. Pvodenski 23:20, 10 January 2007 (UTC)
- 19-Oct-2007: The wording now balances techniques for binding and escaping, as appropriate. -Wikid77 03:38, 19 October 2007 (UTC)
Overview not how-to bind/escape
19-Oct-2007: The wording currently (under the Techniques section) is a balance, between techniques for binding and escaping, not just "keeping people bound" but both. I've written actual "how-to" articles (see: WikiHow), and such articles have many more details than the "Escapology" article techniques (which wouldn't qualify as "how-to" steps), so I think the perspective now is, correctly, an encyclopedic ("en-compassing") view of binding/escaping. Thanks to the other editors, who edited this article into the current balanced viewpoint. -Wikid77 03:38, 19 October 2007 (UTC)
A careful reading of this article reveals that it's referencing is very harem-scarem......particularly some of the "Escapology in Ficion" bits......some need to be properly referenced. Other thoughts/opinions?? Buddpaul (talk) 18:52, 18 June 2010 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Escapology. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20130411091854/http://www.unitedkingdomescapeartists.co.uk/ to http://www.unitedkingdomescapeartists.co.uk/
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20140407095646/http://seattletimes.com/html/movies/2021005059_islafisherxml.html to http://seattletimes.com/html/movies/2021005059_islafisherxml.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.