|WikiProject Firearms||(Rated Start-class)|
If anyone can find a solid reference for the Mongol's trick shooting, I'd appreciate it. I did a quick web search and didn't find anything that looked solid. scot 20:45, 13 July 2006 (UTC)
Other Interesting Details
Annie helped feed and support her family by shooting game at a time when women were supposed to stay home , sew , cook and clean. She did not attend school. She could handle a gun way bigger then her at 11. Only one man actually took her seriously and that man was Freank Butler(the one she married). She had 6 brothers and sisters. Her mom could not take care of all the children so her mom sent Annie to live at a poor farm the people treated her so poorly. Sometimes they would lock her out of the house when it was snowing out. Two agonizing years she spent with them.--184.108.40.206 (talk) 20:26, 26 March 2009 (UTC)School Work —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk)
I'm a bit surprised to find no Wikipedia article on the legendary shooter Herb Parsons. He is clearly notable per Wikipedia guidelines. Just for the day when that article gets written, here are some links to info about Mr. Parsons"
- Article in June 2009, American Rifleman, Showman Shooter: The Legendary Herb Parsons, pp 54-58
- a memorial site someone has set up; don't know the provenance. But note that this site contains dated references to other magazine articles about Parsons from 1963, 1972 and 1981.
- Example exhibition shooting video]
- Winchester-produced video that mentions HP as legendary
- There was a (apparently inadequate) previous attempt to create an article on Herb Parsons in Feb 2008. I found the following in the article deletion log: "2008-02-16T18:18:07 Alexf (talk | contribs) deleted "Herb Parsons" (Speedy deleted per (CSD A7), was an article about a real person, group of people, band, club, company, or web content that didn't assert the importance or significance of its subject." I can't find a copy of the article itself in the archive; apparently, whomever wrote the stub failed to properly note WHY Herb Parsons was notable. N2e (talk) 19:32, 10 June 2009 (UTC)