|WikiProject Astronomy / Astronomical objects||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
|This article was proposed for deletion by an editor in the past.|
You people don't went updates and to be up to date with all the extrasolar planets? If you think its wrong please fix it. If you delete it I'm finished with this. Matthurricane (talk) 18:45, 26 August 2009 (UTC)
- "Extragalactic planet" - a planet outside our galaxy
- "Extragalactic exoplanet" - an exoplanet outside our galaxy
- Exoplanet - a planet outside our Solar System
- "Extragalactic extrasolar planet" - a planet ouside our Solar System that is outside our galaxy
All three terms are used in various sources. The last is overly long, the second is overly redundant, anything outside the galaxy is obviously outside the Solar System. The first is shorter, and succintly describes the situation. 18.104.22.168 (talk) 05:05, 3 September 2009 (UTC)
Possible new information
Two planets found orbiting Kapteyn's star, believed to be of extragalactic origin. I'm not a subject matter expert but perhaps this aricle is out of date?
Is HIP 13044 b really an extragalactic planet?
Reading the article on HIP 13044 b, it says it's approximately 2,000 light years away, meaning it's an exoplanet but not an extragalactic planet, because it's outside of our solar system but not outside our galaxy. Then again, the wording says of "extragalactic origin". So does it mean it's an exoplanet (within our galaxy) that originated from outside the galaxy? I'm guessing my former hypothesis is right that it's not an extragalactic planet at all. This needs to be corrected or clarified. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 09:04, 4 October 2013 (UTC)
- This article makes it abundantly clear that the planet was a former extragalactic planet which is now merely extrasolar. If you are referring to the HIP 13044 b article, the opening sentence says extrasolar planet and the only situation in which "extragalactic" is used is specifically when mentioning its origin. How exactly is this unclear? — Reatlas (talk) 11:46, 4 October 2013 (UTC)
No matter where I look on wikipedia, I can't find the planet mentioned in the Andromeda section, surely there is a page related to it, I highly doubt that the only planet found in another galaxy thus far would not have a page here. Owllord97 (talk) 21:17, 28 January 2014 (UTC)