|Sturmgewehr 58 was nominated for deletion. The debate was closed on 21 August 2010 with a consensus to merge. Its contents were merged into FN FAL. The original page is now a redirect to here. For the contribution history and old versions of the redirected article, please see its history; for its talk page, see here.|
|WikiProject Firearms||(Rated Start-class)|
|Threads older than 100 days may be archived by.|
Comment on Question A
Can agree with the ranges 300m/600m ranges as taught during my basic training (1989). Was still being issued with the L1A1 up to about 1991 or 1992. My accuracy was nowhere near out to those ranges (although I am sure the rounds got there, just not where intended!).
—The FN FAL was also used extensively by the Rhodesian Security Forces during the Terrorist War 1971 - 1980 and was shown to be far superior to the AK47 where aimed fire from ambush in savannah bush/veld conditions were required. Hitting power against hidden troops in concealed vegetation was excellent with the 7.62 ball ammo and the ability to operate under all weather conditions as well as above average accuracy made it a formidable weapon.Kills through 15 - 20 cm tree branches were often reported. The one disadvantage with the 20 round magazine was weight. Carrying an FN FAl with 100 rounds of ammo required far more effort than the equivalent for AK 47. The AK47 was better employed in a rapid fire situation, where blanket firepower rather than accuracy were required. Witness J. Mpofu Superintendent BSAP
There have got to be at least 10 million FAL's made as the FAL is the most used western made rifle. More are in circulation than even the M16, which I think there are about 9 Million in circulation. The info box states that at least 1 million have been made, this seems a bit low for me
Need to include brief citation on the Swiss rifle competition and the Special Swiss 7.5x55mm FAL's. G. Scott 20NOV10
Renamed "Production and use" to "International Production and Use" in order to clearly delineate. G. Scott 20NOV10
Corrected gross errors and will be adding additional minor details at later date Not sure what happened to this section, as years ago it was pretty accurate. G. Scott 20NOV10
Austrian StG 58
Moved to "International Production and use" section. No need for it to be seperated. Corrected errors and added correct historical production/evolution content G. Scott 20NOV10
Israeli Romat and Makleon
Corrected errors and added correct historical production/evolution content. Will be adding more at later date. Not sure what happened to this section, as years ago it was pretty accurate. G. Scott 20NOV10
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 6 external links on FN FAL. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.worldcrunch.com/close-mustafa-abud-al-jeleil-leader-libyan-rebels
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://drdo.com/labs/arma/arde/achieve.shtml
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20131019061430/http://www.kotzot.com/mauritius-police-force-nomination/ to http://www.kotzot.com/mauritius-police-force-nomination/
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20100705100331/http://www.smallarmssurvey.org/files/portal/issueareas/producers/Producers_pdf/2007_Production.pdf to http://www.smallarmssurvey.org/files/portal/issueareas/producers/Producers_pdf/2007_Production.pdf
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20130930182159/http://www.mg0815.com/FALinfo.htm to http://www.mg0815.com/FALinfo.htm
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120813062429/http://community-1.webtv.net/ggiilliiee/FALRIFLEEJECTOR/ to http://community-1.webtv.net/ggiilliiee/FALRIFLEEJECTOR/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.