|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Faery Wicca article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|WikiProject Neopaganism||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
Hi, I'm working over on Fairy trying to standardize spellings to make things more encyclopaedic. Is there any reason we are spelling it "faery" on this page? Could we come to an agreement on standardizing it? Also, the links list on this page is longer than the actual stub, with some links not even relating directly to this subject - is there a way to pare down? Thanks! --TurabianNights 20:17, 9 August 2006 (UTC)
It is spelt "faery" rather then "fairy" by those who practice the craft to differentiate between the mythological beings found in children's tales and the actual spiritual beings that Wiccans believe exist. --Pinkkeith 17:27, 6 September 2006 (UTC)
- Thanks, Pinkkeith. Are they related in some way, to share a name like that?--TN | ! 21:21, 8 September 2006 (UTC)
Fairy Faith Link
I have moved this link to the Fairy page, where it is more important. Leaving it here implies it is somehow connected with Faery Wicca. While Faery Wicca looks to the broader category of Fairy Faith materials, it is not the same thing by a longshot. Those who can benefit from the link can now find it under the article for the broader category. --Kathryn NicDhàna ♫♦♫ 23:41, 20 November 2006 (UTC)
- I think it belongs here. As stated in the article, Faery Wicca is an umbrella term. -999 (Talk) 23:44, 20 November 2006 (UTC)
- But the broader Fairy Faith traditions, as practiced in traditional cultures, do not fall under any Wiccan umbrella. Also, what's with suddenly starting to follow me around and counter-edit articles I work on? Please see the note I left on your talk page about this, as well as the Wikipedia policy on Wikipedia:Harassment#Wikistalking. --Kathryn NicDhàna ♫♦♫ 23:58, 20 November 2006 (UTC)
Whoah. I had this link confused with another one. Look at the fine print: "© 2000 by Kisma K. Stepanich-Reidling & Faery Faith Network". And look at what you get once you click to enter the site: http://faeryfaith.org/index.php It's a commercial site. Now it definitely has to go, but for totally different reasons than I thought before. I apologize for defending it and relocating it. It doesn't belong on Wikipedia at all. --Kathryn NicDhàna ♫♦♫ 00:39, 21 November 2006 (UTC)
- Ah, yes. I'd never clicked through either. Clearly can't be used... -999 (Talk) 17:27, 21 November 2006 (UTC)
The comment(s) below were originally left at several discussions in past years, these subpages are now deprecated. The comments may be irrelevant or outdated; if so, please feel free to remove this section., and are posted here for posterity. Following
|Very nice links and references; needs expansion. - AdelaMae (t - c - wpn) 00:31, 11 January 2007 (UTC)|
Last edited at 00:31, 11 January 2007 (UTC). Substituted at 14:54, 29 April 2016 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Faery Wicca. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20061006005343/http://www.cyberwitch.com/wychwood/Library/whenIsACeltNotACelt.htm to http://www.cyberwitch.com/wychwood/Library/whenIsACeltNotACelt.htm
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.