Talk:Fairfax High School (Fairfax, Virginia)
|WikiProject Virginia / Northern Virginia||(Rated C-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject Schools||(Rated Stub-class)|
OK, we need to have an edit summary so that we know why you delete/add things. Dbluepixie, please tell us your reasoning for adding external links to nothing, and deleting factual information. KeepOnTruckin 14:42, 13 May 2006 (UTC)
Ok I'm sorry I deleted without saying so. But the information that was "factual" was actually false. And I'm sorry the link went to nowhere but I tried and tried to get it to work but it unfortunately did not.--Dbluepixie 03:59, 2 June 2006 (UTC)
"After the renovation is completed, the school will be split into subschools, each with its own staff."
This information is also not factual. It is not yet known whether this will happen or not. I have heard discussion of this happening but at other schools not Fairfax High School--Dbluepixie 04:03, 2 June 2006 (UTC)
- Actually, Mr. Brabrand himself stated that this would happen. In fact, he said it was to happen next year. I know I did not add that information but I remember him saying it when he visited one of my classes. Sugarcream 20:44, 13 February 2007 (UTC)
Ok first off Fairfax high school does not have a fly system.It never has.The theatre has been trying to get one for years. Believe me it does not have one. That is why I took out this information "Fairfax alson has a fly system above the theater; one of the only fly systems in a Fairfax County school."-Dbluepixie 23:47, 10 July 2006 (UTC)
- Fairfax doesn't have a fly system? I was told by Dwain McMillian that they did. Maybe I'm forgetting. But I will believe you. I have seen the orchestra pit though. Its got a rail that runs around it which looks bad because the pit is level with the floor.
KeepOnTruckin 14:16, 11 July 2006 (UTC)
It did have an orchestra pit. It was covered because some one fell in some years ago.--Dbluepixie 17:40, 1 August 2006 (UTC)
- It is still there and was partialy opened for "The King and I". The railing does look odd when the pit is covered, especially the handrails for the stairs down into the pit. Ferritecore 01:02, 3 August 2007 (UTC)
The school's address has been changed this summer to "3501 Rebel Run". The school hasn't moved, they just changed which street is used for the address. Ferritecore 01:02, 3 August 2007 (UTC)
Fair use rationale for Image:Fairfaxhslogo.jpg
Image:Fairfaxhslogo.jpg is being used on this article. I notice the image page specifies that the image is being used under fair use but there is no explanation or rationale as to why its use in this Wikipedia article constitutes fair use. In addition to the boilerplate fair use template, you must also write out on the image description page a specific explanation or rationale for why using this image in each article is consistent with fair use.
Please go to the image description page and edit it to include a fair use rationale. Using one of the templates at Wikipedia:Fair use rationale guideline is an easy way to insure that your image is in compliance with Wikipedia policy, but remember that you must complete the template. Do not simply insert a blank template on an image page.
If there is other fair use media, consider checking that you have specified the fair use rationale on the other images used on this page. Note that any fair use images lacking such an explanation can be deleted one week after being tagged, as described on criteria for speedy deletion. If you have any questions please ask them at the Media copyright questions page. Thank you.
New Principal announced
As per an email sent to parrents:
- Dear Fairfax High School Parents and Guardians:
- It gives me great pleasure to inform you that Mr. David Goldfarb has been selected as principal of Fairfax High School beginning August 24, 2009.
I went ahead and made the edit. If somebody wants to put Scott Brabrand back in the info box until Monday they are free to. Strictly speaking I think we are in an interregnum until then. Ferritecore (talk) —Preceding undated comment added 23:51, 20 August 2009 (UTC).
The various departments (fine arts, sports, etc.) maintain web sites that are as official as they come, even if they don't have fcps.edu URLs. Some of the deleted links even had fcps.edu URLs, the Fairfax Accademy web site, for example. I think a compromise would be to delete the links that are not specific to Fairfax High School. Ferritecore (talk) 16:36, 14 February 2010 (UTC)