Talk:Fairytale (Alexander Rybak song)
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Fairytale (Alexander Rybak song) article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Highest average scores
If you look back through the scores of previous Eurovision Song Contests, and divide the total score for the song by the number of countries voting on it, (in the case of 2009 this is 41, being as Norway cannot award itself points) the average for Fairytale is (387/41=) 9.44 (to 2 decimal places). Compare this to 1976 and Brotherhood of Man with Save All Your Kisses for Me who were awarded 164 points from 17 other countries and you get (164/17=) 9.65 (to 2 decimal places). So while this song may have had the highest score in Eurovision history, and the most number of max points awarded to it, it still places behind the 1976 Winner in terms of highest average score, the year in which the current voting system was introduced. Magua74 (talk) 13:57, 17 May 2009 (UTC)
- In terms of % score, Love Shine a Light is also higher. YellowMonkey (click here to vote for world cycling's #1 model!) 04:20, 18 May 2009 (UTC)
- It can probably be added to either "Save All Your Kisses For Me" or "Love Shine a Light" (whichever has the highest average) that it keeps its record, while this article mentions the records "Fairytale" does break. Bib (talk) 23:03, 19 May 2009 (UTC)
- The ranking goes "Save All Your Kisses For Me" (9.65), then "Ein bißchen Frieden", the German winner from 1982 (9.47), then "Love Shine a Light" (9.46), and then finally "Fairytale" (9.44).
- If you need a reference for this type of thing, there's a page on Swedish Wikipedia that lists each winner by percent. It lacks scores for non-winning entries (so you wouldn't know, for instance, that 1977's runner-up ought to be ranked 8th) and it's not perfect, but it's still useful. – MaskedSHEIK (talk)(contrib) 06:49, 1 June 2009 (UTC)
- I haven't read any such sources but I doubt it. The songs share similar instruments but the chords and melody are much different. – MaskedSHEIK (talk)(contrib) 06:56, 1 June 2009 (UTC)
- I also doubt it would be mentioned in any reliable source. I have come across a few YouTube videos claiming plagiarism, but I really can't hear much similarity. The verses are somewhat similar in style, but the melodies are completely different, and you won't find professional journalists making accusations of plagiarism just because a particular song might remind them of another. Contains Mild Peril (talk) 02:29, 24 September 2009 (UTC)
Can someone add that the song went platinum as realtone/full track in Russia and sold 100.000 copies? Source: http://2m-online.ru/news/detail.php?ID=5653 —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 07:57, 25 June 2010 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 6 external links on Fairytale (Alexander Rybak song). Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20090315050457/http://www.folkemusikk.no:80/content/view/1662/1/ to http://www.folkemusikk.no/content/view/1662/1
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070613015201/http://www.ifpi.no/sok/index_trofe.htm to http://www.ifpi.no/sok/index_trofe.htm
- Added archive http://www.webcitation.org/5uHCd3PXm?url=http://www.ariacharts.com.au/pages/chartifacts.htm to http://www.ariacharts.com.au/pages/chartifacts.htm
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110722022542/http://www.tonlist.is/Music/ChartList.aspx?ID=290 to http://www.tonlist.is/Music/ChartList.aspx?ID=290
- Added archive http://www.webcitation.org/5nDmv2rwI?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fdr.com.ua%2Fchart%2Ftop_40%2F to http://www.fdr.com.ua/chart/top_40/
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20100124135003/http://www.mtv.de/charts/Single_Jahrescharts_2007 to http://www.mtv.de/charts/Single_Jahrescharts_2007
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.