Talk:Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film)
|Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film) was one of the Media and drama good articles, but it has been removed from the list. There are suggestions below for improving the article to meet the good article criteria. Once these issues have been addressed, the article can be renominated. Editors may also seek a reassessment of the decision if they believe there was a mistake.|
|Current status: Delisted good article|
|This article is written in British English, which has its own spelling conventions (colour, travelled, centre, realise, defence, artefact), and some terms that are used in it may be different or absent from other varieties of English. According to the relevant style guide, this should not be changed without broad consensus.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Threads older than 3 months may be archived by .
Should a section be added for the controversy over History of Magic in North America? Especially in it's regard to it's depiction of Skinwalkers. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Ganondox (talk • contribs) 20:10, 27 December 2016 (UTC)
- Has there been any controversy over this film in North America? - The Bounder (talk) 20:25, 27 December 2016 (UTC)
- It seems some people objected to JKR interpreting Native American traditions into her writings. The articles seem to from 2016 but long before the film was released. The Guardian The Telegraph etc.
- I don't think it is of any relevance to this Wikipedia article about the Fantastic Beasts film.
- The only reference I was able to find in Wikipedia to the short story in question ("The History of Magic in North America") is on the page Pottermore.
This article doesn't even mention it as part of the promotional material from the film. There might be an appropriate place to mention it but this film article isn't it. -- 22.214.171.124 (talk) 16:19, 28 December 2016 (UTC)
- Wiccans aren't exactly impressed by JKR either, and there is an article Religious_debates_over_the_Harry_Potter_series where it might be appropriate to discuss the reactions to "The History of Magic in North America". -- 126.96.36.199 (talk) 16:30, 28 December 2016 (UTC)
"Production" and "Critical response" sections
This article looks far from complete to me—there are several issues that should have been raised during the GAN. In particular, the "Production and "Critical response" sections requires heavy expansion, and I suggest looking to other Harry Potter film articles for inspiration (namely Philosopher's Stone and Order of the Phoenix). The "Music" sub-section could be largely expanded from the several interviews with the composer, and I'm sure there are many sources that could be used to expand the "Filming" sub-section. I'd also highly recommend a "Design and special effects" sub-section: this article from the Framestore website is an incredible primary source with heaps of special effects information, and a goldmine of secondary sources listed towards the bottom; and with design, there are numerous articles on costume design alone (unsurprising, given the Oscar), so I can't imagine it would be difficult to find sources. As for "Critical response", the article only seems to cover a few reviews (all seemingly positive, at that), and very briefly. The quotes seem to be about the film in general, not really specific elements (performances, design, narrative, etc.), and I'm sure this major award-winning film amassed a larger critical response than two short paragraphs.
- Wow, the "Production" section is indeed inordinately short for a Good Article. MatthewHoobin, please see the above feedback. Why did you pass this as a Good Article with barely any information about the making of the film? Erik (talk | contrib) (ping me) 13:51, 3 July 2017 (UTC)
Draft for Fantastic Beasts (film series)
This is just a notice that there is a draft for the Fantastic Beasts (film series) at Draft:Fantastic Beasts (film series) until such time that it is ready for inclusion in the mainspace. All are welcome to come help nurture the article's development there. - Brojam (talk) 01:01, 4 July 2017 (UTC)
Template:Wizarding World TFD
Template: Wizarding World is being considered for deletion. You may help reach a consensus at Wikipedia:Templates_for_discussion/Log/2018_August_29#Template:Wizarding_World. --Bsherr (talk) 17:50, 30 August 2018 (UTC)