Talk:Featherston Drive Public School
|WikiProject Canada / Education||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
|This page was nominated for deletion on 13 April 2008. The result of the discussion was no consensus, consider individual consideration.|
Who, What, When, WHERE, Why?
- One word: infobox. Flag of Scarborough, ON, Canada UTSRelativity (Talk) 18:13, 31 December 2005 (UTC)
- Oh, yes, it is there, but good journalistic practice, which we hope students will learn, is that the lead sentence contain the essential information. I think the students who put this article up will want to reflect upon the inverted pyramid principle and ask themselves whether a reader who stops after the first sentence or paragraph will have a sufficient understanding. --StanZegel (talk) 19:04, 31 December 2005 (UTC)
I've started a discussion with SirIsaacBrock to better understand why he feels the Canadian school infoboxe changes from Wikipedia:WikiProject Education in Canada should be reverted. --Stephane Charette 17:39, 14 April 2006 (UTC)
- Hello, the info box changes you made are not appropriate, so they have been changed. Please advise me why you think the info box changes make it better ? Just look at them both through the history function and compare them. Cordially SirIsaacBrock 18:11, 14 April 2006 (UTC)
- Please provide the link to the infobox template that you are using, ie: where did you copy and paste the changes you brought in ? Cordially SirIsaacBrock 18:22, 14 April 2006 (UTC)
- "The center command and the full http link etc, basically all of the edits you have made. The info box is appropriate as it is now. Cordially SirIsaacBrock 18:16, 14 April 2006 (UTC)"
- This infobox is at last count being used by 49 Canadian school articles. We're slowly going though and updating all of the existing Canadian school articles to use this template. Please see this. Unless you can think of some special reason why your old high school should be exempted from Wikipedia:WikiProject Education in Canada, I certainly don't agree with your statement that somehow this infobox template "doesn't work". --Stephane Charette 18:26, 14 April 2006 (UTC)
Hello, I think it would be a good idea to have the same template for each school for consistency. The current form of the template needs to massaged to make it look appropriate. Are you flexible with your template? SirIsaacBrock 18:30, 14 April 2006 (UTC)
- I suggest you take the Canadian school infobox template discussion over to Wikipedia:WikiProject Education in Canada, considering that in the past 3 months we've already updated nearly 50 school articles to use this template already. The question is going to be, are you flexible with the article on your old high school? --Stephane Charette 18:35, 14 April 2006 (UTC)
- I don't mind helping to fix the template, but the current one makes the article worse not better, so why use it ? SirIsaacBrock 18:54, 14 April 2006 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Featherston Drive Public School. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20051215064654/http://www.ocdsb.edu.on.ca/Board/DCS.htm to http://www.ocdsb.edu.on.ca/Board/DCS.htm
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20060214052627/http://www.ocdsb.edu.on.ca/Board/Trustees/Bronwyn_Funiciello/Bronwyn_Funiciello.htm to http://www.ocdsb.edu.on.ca/Board/Trustees/Bronwyn_Funiciello/Bronwyn_Funiciello.htm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.