|Field Spaniel has been listed as one of the Natural sciences good articles under the good article criteria. If you can improve it further, please do so. If it no longer meets these criteria, you can reassess it.|
|WikiProject Dogs / Breeds||(Rated GA-class, Mid-importance)|
|WikiProject England||(Rated GA-class, Mid-importance)|
|This article is written in British English, which has its own spelling conventions (colour, travelled, centre, realise, defence), and some terms used in it are different or absent from other varieties of English. According to the relevant style guide, this should not be changed without broad consensus.|
Vulnerable Native Breed
I would prefer this not be applied to the article. Most breeds do NOT have over 300 puppies a year. The Field produces only 5-8 puppies a liter and breeders purposely do not breed excessively.--Watershipkennel 17:34, 24 February 2007 (UTC)
This breed is classed in Britain as a VNB - a breed which originated in the UK but now has registration numbers with the Kennel Club of less then 300 puppies per year.
I'm a Canadian teenager on a gap year before Uni and I'm really interested in this. Would anyone like a VNB paragraph/link on this page? I can write it, but am ignorant about formatting etc. Plus, I'm trying to put together a whole collection on all 29 breeds on this list, including history and so on, using Wikipedia as one of my many sources. If you can help, or are interested at all, please contact me either on my talk page or at firstname.lastname@example.org
--The Wizard of Magicland 19:44, 10 September 2006 (UTC)
The current picture is acceptable but I will be providing more pictures for this article.--Watershipkennel 05:27, 25 February 2007 (UTC)
THe picture posted is not a field spaniel. It appears to be a field-bred springer spaniel, but field spaniels are self-colored (solid) usually a dark brown.--Counsel 01:07, 1 June 2006 (UTC)
- If we're looking for a better image, there's one on the field spaniel page in a defferent language (Russian I think). Pharaoh Hound 15:23, 1 June 2006 (UTC)
That's right--it's a Springer, or at least not a Field. I've added an external link at the end of the apperance section that shows my old Field.
- Hi, if you want to link to an image of your dog - you should upload the photograph image into wikipedia and internal linking to that image. If you need help with this procedure, feel free to leave a message on my talk page - Trysha (talk) 21:15, 25 June 2006 (UTC)
Going to be nominating this article up for a GA shortly. Just a note here to let the reviewer know that I won't be including this as a Wikicup entry as I don't consider myself to have done significant work on it this year. In fact, it was an oversight that I hadn't nominated it last October - I'd simply forgotten to nominate it. Miyagawa (talk) 21:25, 30 January 2011 (UTC)
- This review is transcluded from Talk:Field Spaniel/GA1. The edit link for this section can be used to add comments to the review.
Here are the issues I found:
- Hip dysplasia links to a disambiguation page - have it link to the canine one.
- The Canadian Kennel Club external link in the infobox isn't working; not sure if the site is just down or if there's an error in the link.
- "The standard size for a Field Spaniel is 17–18 inches (43–46 cm) tall at the withers, and weighing between 40–55 pounds (18–25 kg)" a bit awkward; i'd change to "and a weight of.."
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Field Spaniel. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120609233655/http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/download/1550/hsfieldspaniel.pdf to http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/download/1550/hsfieldspaniel.pdf
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.