Talk:Fight Club (novel)/GA1
|Good Article review progress box
Because I respect the integrity of the editor(s) who got this promoted years ago, I take no shame in offering the opinion that it no longer fits the GA criteria. I will remove it if no attempts are made anytime soon to fix it. What needs fixing:
- The intro is incredibly short and doesn't adequately summarize the article.
- The prose throughout features a number of short paragraphs, most of them without a topic sentence or equivalent.
- The prose at times is awkward and ambiguous, particularly in History.
- Plot contains some poor grammar, e.g. "recruiting fight club's members", inconsistent use of tenses.
- The article is poorly organized; Characters should come before or after Plot, History should be before Awards.
- There's essentially no Reception. Find more, split it—along with the sales stuff—into a new section, and merge Awards into it.
- Motifs and Themes contain a huge amount of original research and weasel-wording that compromises the article's neutral point of view. They look like something that would earn a 3 on the English Literature AP test.
- Some of the refs are formatted incorrectly or missing information.
It's urgent that you fix this if you want it to remain a GA; this article looks C-class to me and it's a disservice to keep it on the WP:GA list and thereby give readers the pretense that they'll be poring over something of contemporary quality. Please fix this. Tezero (talk) 05:55, 17 February 2014 (UTC)