|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
"Mail Order" Brides
There is no discussion in the article about the fact that most Philippine migration from the 1970s onwards has been in the form of young females migrating to Australia to marry older Australian men, through dating and marriage agencies. Perhaps this should be mentioned. —Preceding unsigned comment added by MichaelGG (talk • contribs) 13:13, 26 February 2008 (UTC)
You want to source that, MichaelGG? That's typical racist BS at it's finest. "Most" is a wonderful qualifier unless backed by a figure and has no place in an encyclopaedia. While I'm at it, I changed Sef Gonzales's description to mass murderer; there's a difference between that and a serial killer. -- unsigned. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 06:00, 25 May 2008 (UTC)
"Some" or a "Minority" of Filipino-Australians have Spanish ancestry.. Only a few though.. not everyone.. That's a Fact.. :P —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 02:45, 20 November 2008 (UTC)
Orphaned references in Filipino Australian
I check pages listed in Category:Pages with incorrect ref formatting to try to fix reference errors. One of the things I do is look for content for orphaned references in wikilinked articles. I have found content for some of Filipino Australian's orphans, the problem is that I found more than one version. I can't determine which (if any) is correct for this article, so I am asking for a sentient editor to look it over and copy the correct ref content into this article.
Reference named "ABS Ancestry":
- From Scottish Australian: "20680-Ancestry (full classification list) by Sex — Australia" (Microsoft Excel download). 2006 Census. Australian Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 2008-11-02.
- From Indian Australian: "Australia - Community Profile" (Microsoft Excel download). 2011 Census. Australian Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 2012-06-24. Total responses: 25,451,383 for total count of persons: 19,855,288.
- From Welsh Australian: "20680-Ancestry (full classification list) by Sex - Australia" (Microsoft Excel download). 2006 Census. Australian Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 2008-05-19.
- From Montenegrin Australian: "20680-Ancestry (full classification list) by Sex - Australia" (Microsoft Excel download). 2006 Census. Australian Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 2008-06-02. Total responses: 25,451,383 for total count of persons: 19,855,288.
- From Ethiopian Australian: ABS 2006b, Ancestry
- From Italian Australian: "ABS Ancestry". 2012.
I apologize if any of the above are effectively identical; I am just a simple computer program, so I can't determine whether minor differences are significant or not. AnomieBOT⚡ 05:05, 22 August 2013 (UTC)
Requested move 19 August 2015
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Filipino Australians. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080801115159/http://www.immi.gov.au/media/publications/statistics/comm-summ/textversion/philippines.htm to http://www.immi.gov.au/media/publications/statistics/comm-summ/textversion/philippines.htm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
An editor has reviewed this edit and fixed any errors that were found.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.