|WikiProject Computing / Software||(Rated Stub-class, Low-importance)|
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Firefox Sync article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
article should be renamed Firefox Sync
This article should be renamed Firefox Sync. See http://dknite.wordpress.com/2010/05/19/firefox-sync-1-3-is-coming/
- If no one objects, I'll do this in a couple of hours. —Preceding unsigned comment added by TheTechFan (talk • contribs) 16:47, 28 May 2010 (UTC)
Merge with Firefox 4?
- Opposed. The add-on intial release is 2007, it's 3 years before Firefox 4. We're not going to merge Sync with Firefox.4 just because it has become an integrated feature. talking Cherry 13:50, 16 October 2010 (UTC)
- Opposed. This add-on isn't Firefox 4 specific. Freayd (talk) 20:53, 7 November 2010 (UTC)
- This was already discussed and removed. Lucasoutloud (talk) 23:37, 7 November 2010 (UTC)
- Opposed. This add-on isn't Firefox 4 specific. However it is firefox specific and could be merged with the primary firefox articleprimefalcon (talk) 00:11, 28 April 2013 (UTC) — Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk)
Obsoleted alternatives Section?
I feel that this section is subjective and the reference  doesn't cover the "many solutions" obsoleted or how Firefox Sync "could put some bad light on the Mozilla Foundation." The reference article also has a personal tone using terminology for example, "holier than thou treatment" and makes opinionated forecasts and observations for example, "The stats appear to reflect this misjudgement as the use of Firefox is in decline, no doubt driven in part by users moving away as their favourite add-ons disappear, or former add-on authors suggest alternatives to family, friends, and colleagues." — Preceding unsigned comment added by Travelback (talk • contribs) 03:48, 21 September 2013 (UTC)
- Agreed, the "could put some bad light" is just weasel words based on one person's gripes. If I knew how to add the Wikipedia markup for weasel words, I would. Probably the whole section should be removed. 126.96.36.199 (talk) 06:01, 1 January 2014 (UTC)
Needs updating since FF 29
The earlier sync doesn't work with the newer sync so for instance you may not be able to sync something using FF28 with a device using FF29. Page needs updating about this situation. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 06:18, 1 August 2014 (UTC)
- So long Mozilla, and thanks for all the fish