Talk:Five-Year Plans of India
|This article is the subject of an educational assignment at Symbiosis School of Economics supported by Wikipedia Ambassadors through the India Education Program during the 2011 Q3 term. Further details are available on the course page.|
|WikiProject India||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
"Five-Year Plans of India"
- 1 Hmm
- 2 Cleanup
- 3 Look out for possible copyright violations in this article
- 4 Copyright problem removed
- 5 "The third Five-year Plan stressed agriculture and improvement in the production of wheat, but the brief Sino-Indian War of 1962 exposed weaknesses in the economy"
- 6 Another copyright problem
- 7 Capitalization
The article could do with some details of how the plans are evaluated, and how they have fared. Particularly I would be interested if "All villages to have sustained access to potable drinking water within the Plan period;" this target was reached. - Francis Tyers · 18:29, 22 July 2007 (UTC)
Look out for possible copyright violations in this article
This article has been found to be edited by students of the Wikipedia:India Education Program project as part of their (still ongoing) course-work. Unfortunately, many of the edits in this program so far have been identified as plain copy-jobs from books and online resources and therefore had to be reverted. See the India Education Program talk page for details. In order to maintain the WP standards and policies, let's all have a careful eye on this and other related articles to ensure that no material violating copyrights remains in here. --Matthiaspaul (talk) 12:36, 1 November 2011 (UTC)
Copyright problem removed
Prior content in this article duplicated one or more previously published sources. The material was copied from: http://planningcommission.nic.in/plans/planrel/12appdrft/appraoch_12plan.pdf. Infringing material has been rewritten or removed and must not be restored, unless it is duly released under a compatible license. (For more information, please see "using copyrighted works from others" if you are not the copyright holder of this material, or "donating copyrighted materials" if you are.) For legal reasons, we cannot accept copyrighted text or images borrowed from other web sites or published material; such additions will be deleted. Contributors may use copyrighted publications as a source of information, but not as a source of sentences or phrases. Accordingly, the material may be rewritten, but only if it does not infringe on the copyright of the original or plagiarize from that source. Please see our guideline on non-free text for how to properly implement limited quotations of copyrighted text. Wikipedia takes copyright violations very seriously, and persistent violators will be blocked from editing. While we appreciate contributions, we must require all contributors to understand and comply with these policies. Thank you. MER-C 08:55, 2 December 2011 (UTC)
"The third Five-year Plan stressed agriculture and improvement in the production of wheat, but the brief Sino-Indian War of 1962 exposed weaknesses in the economy"
Another copyright problem
- With this edit, I removed the material added on 19 December 2013 which appears to have been copied from 10th Five Year Plan (2002-2007) of delhi.gov.in. That leaves the Tenth Plan section pretty bare. 07:39, 9 March 2014 (UTC)
- And again. With this edit, I removed material added on 23 September 2013 which appears to have been copied from 10. ELEVENTH FIVE YEAR PLAN – A REVIEW from APOnline. Further the material copied to the page only related to Andhra Pradesh, not India as a whole. There was text about the Eleventh Five-Year Plan before the edit above, but that was copied from Environment for Business by Saleem Shaikh. There is now nothing in the section Eleventh Plan (2007-2012). 20:17, 9 March 2014 (UTC)
Are there any thoughts about the use of the lower case "p" in plans? A title search for "Five-Year Plans of India. China is the exception with Five-year plans of the People's Republic of China which has the "y" in year also lower case. I think a case could be made for either style, but since "Five-Year Plans" is by far the most common, would there be any objection to changing the title of this article to "Five-Year Plans of India"? Thanks, 22:02, 9 March 2014 (UTC)" shows that the great majority of articles capitalize each word in the form
- Done, taken care of. 04:37, 4 April 2014 (UTC)