|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Just a quick note: please do not replace "Cutler Ridge" with "Saga Bay" in the description of Galloway Road.
While it's true that Galloway Road goes through Saga Bay on its way to Black Point Marina, Saga Bay has been included in the newly-incorporated City of Cutler
Ridge Bay. Technically, there is no name for the location of Black Point other than "South Miami-Dade County" but since that is so generic, I thought it would be best to give it the Cutler RidgeBay name for the terminus. B.Wind 19:49, 26 October 2005 (UTC)
- As Cutler Ridge is now the Town of Cutler Bay, Florida. -- Dalbury(Talk) 03:25, 28 December 2005 (UTC)
Unreferenced, looks like OR, not really relevant
I have moved the follwing recent addition, Almost all road maps indicate that Galloway Road connects from Northwest 58th Street to just south of Okeechobee Road. As useful as this stretch of roadway would be, it unfortunately does not exist. to this talk page because no source is given. It looks likely to be original research, and it really isn't relevant to the article. -- Dalbury(Talk) 21:56, 29 December 2005 (UTC)
It is relevant if anyone tries to take a tour on this road, following a map, only to find the road does not go through. This is the only major roadway in Dade County that has this problem on maps, and anyone who has a local area map can easily verify this. —Preceding unsigned comment added by User:220.127.116.11 (talk • contribs)
- And that is original research, which isn't allowed in Wikipedia. Find a reliable published source, and it is no longer OR. -- Dalbury(Talk) 22:45, 5 January 2006 (UTC)
I must point out that I intentionally left it vague by saying that Galloway Road was discontinuous because 1) I couldn't find a map supporting tbe anonymous writer's (accurate) observation (and I don't post these articles without finding at least two maps or other printed media that demonstrate it), and 2) compared to the focus of the article, the locations of the discontiuities are unimportant to the picture of SR 973. I may go personally along a route to verify the information (especially if sources conflict, like the purported southern terminus of SR 969 or the signage along Card Sound Road), but it's only to make sure that the information (or what information) use from the source maps, atlases, websites, etc., is accurate. Personal observation is insufficient for any encyclopedic article, even if it were permitted in the first place. B.Wind 03:36, 6 January 2006 (UTC)
Move discussion in progress
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Galloway Road. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110616123300/http://www.dot.state.fl.us/surveyingandmapping/geomap/mida_c.pdf to http://www.dot.state.fl.us/surveyingandmapping/geomap/mida_c.pdf
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20140306153400/http://www2.dot.state.fl.us/Straight-linesOnlineGIS/ to http://www2.dot.state.fl.us/Straight-linesOnlineGIS/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.