Talk:Fort Knox (Maine)
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Fort Knox (Maine) article.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
I propose that this page be moved from "Fort Knox, Maine" to "Fort Knox (Maine)". Any objections?--SarekOfVulcan 04:02, 27 May 2007 (UTC)
- Hearing none, so ordered.--SarekOfVulcan 16:27, 30 May 2007 (UTC)
Additional photos and/or photo uploads could help the article.
- HABS or HAER photos may be available for this site. Search HABS/HAER here
- Some of photos accompanying NRHP document (linked in article) are taken by NPS employee, hence public domain and can be used. Search NPS focus here, please select the highest resolution JPG versions
- New photos would be helpful.
previous infobox removed
After adding a NRHP infobox to the article, I moved the following to here. What is the 1940 date? That could be added back to the article, if it can be figured out. Also, a state map with location could be included in the NRHP infobox, but the coordinates in this removed infobox are not precise enough for a state-level map.
|Fort Knox, Maine|
|Location||Prospect, Maine, USA|
|Nearest city||Bucksport, Maine|
|Governing body||Maine Bureau of Parks and Lands|
From looking at the answer to question 8 here, it appears to be the date the State of Maine transferred the property to the Parks and Recreation Department, and thus the date established as a Maine state park. GRBerry 15:59, 15 May 2008 (UTC)
information not germane to subject
The Friends of Fort Knox are using this venue to promote their cause, i.e. to privatize and run this state heritage site, and information regarding this organization should be removed from this site. Truefriendoffortknox (talk) 18:05, 26 February 2013 (UTC)
- According to http://www.maine.gov/doc/parks/parksinfo/fortknox/, The Bureau of Parks and Lands manages the fort in partnership with the Friends of Fort Knox..--SarekOfVulcan (talk) 18:12, 26 February 2013 (UTC)
- (to the original poster) I posted the information about the Friends running day to day operations at the Fort based on what I read in the media(with citations); I am not associated with the Friends in any way, shape or form. Who is running the fort is certainly notable information; I would submit you are the one seeking to use this as a venue to promote your cause of opposition to the Friends and/or the concept of a private entity managing the fort; whether it's a good idea or not is irrelevant; it is what it is. 331dot (talk) 18:15, 26 February 2013 (UTC)