|WikiProject Biography / Arts and Entertainment||(Rated Start-class)|
here is a talk page for Frank BenderBenderArts (talk) 18:29, 2 June 2008 (UTC) added citations June 11th, 2008. Can this be checked to remove citations tag and hopefully work our way over to meeting the Wikipedia standards...thx!! VBBenderArts (talk) 14:39, 11 June 2008 (UTC)
- Good work. Citations and wpfy tag removed, looks good. The more news and other reliable published sources the better. delldot talk 16:28, 11 June 2008 (UTC)
thx. I will be sure to add more references soon. Hopefully someone else will come along and add and edit then that annoying little tag can come off the top:-) One thing, I'm not happy w/ my wording on "his most challenging case..." it's challenging for many many people, but it is also "his most challenging case" (read the book to understand more). I realize the wording came to me from inside the dust jacket. Thx. VBBenderArts (talk) 17:35, 11 June 2008 (UTC)
Yay, to neutral POV writing! where's that editor...VBenderArts (talk) 17:38, 11 June 2008 (UTC)
- Keep it up V, it's looking good now. One piece of advice: we're supposed to avoid commercial sites like the amazon and random house links, because they're not reliable sources (they're not independent of the subject, they might only say good things about it, etc.) and because they could be construed as attempts to sell something. Better are the news sources (the newsweek link was perfect), I would use those instead.
- As with the rest of the fair use requirements, cover art requirements are very strict (as a free resource, Wikipedia tries to use as much free material and as little non-free material as possible). A book cover would only be considered fair use if it's used to expand the reader's understanding of the book itself (i.e., you couldn't use a book cover with a picture of Mariah Carey on it in an article about Mariah Carey, just to show what she looks like). So the cover would have to be used "for identification only in the context of critical commentary of that item (not for identification without critical commentary)." The article currently doesn't have much commentary on the book, and as I mentioned, some of the sources could be improved. You could expand on the commentary that's been published on the book, but I think the best would be to get him to let you take a photo of him so you can release it under whatever free license you want. Let me know if you'd like help with that, I recommend uploading it to commons so sister projects can use it too (other language Wikipedias, etc.). Good job V, sorry for all the restrictions. Peace, delldot talk 11:54, 17 June 2008 (UTC)
thx. for the speedy response. I will remember to take a pic next time which will be soon (distractions:-) I don't care if Amazon gets deleted. Whatever you think is right. Just providing for others to get started. Note that the Random House site has sample pages from the book which could maybe be helpful to someone. Will add more articles from reliable sources as I get them.Thx. again for all your help! V188.8.131.52 (talk) 15:09, 17 June 2008 (UTC) added a 1995 article fr. the NY TImes. It's old but may make for a good reference to computers vs. forensic facial reconstruction artist. London Financial Times story should be out soon V184.108.40.206 (talk) 23:32, 18 June 2008 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 3 external links on Frank Bender. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080622041253/http://www.africanburialground.gov/ABG_Artwork.htm to http://www.africanburialground.gov/ABG_Artwork.htm
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20131203031302/http://newspapertree.com/features/2645-skulls-and-faces-investigations-and-the-pursuit-of-justice-for-women-in-juarez to http://newspapertree.com/features/2645-skulls-and-faces-investigations-and-the-pursuit-of-justice-for-women-in-juarez
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20121006010441/http://www.wnyc.org/shows/lopate/2010/aug/10/murder-room/ to http://www.wnyc.org/shows/lopate/2010/aug/10/murder-room/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.