From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Here are the issues I found:
- Given the size of the article, the lead should at least be two paragraphs.
- "Boxing magazine, reported in January 1910, that his fight against" neither comma needed.
- "but the fight with Emden was to end in defeat and would affect his future boxing career." the voice feels a little overly passive here; reword to make more active.
- "The injury to his right plagued" his right knee
- "- who would later become British and European middleweight champion - " I presume these are meant to be mdashes; fix them.
- Uses of twenty round should be changed to 20 round per MOSNUM.
- "setting up a boxing fund for injured soldiers in Sydney; and " comma instead of semicolon
- "Dyer's persistency eventually paid off," persistence
- "A match was made but Lewis damaged a finger" that sounds a little odd; perhaps injured it?
- "In late 1917 Dyer faced Tommy Robson again, in two" no comma needed.
- "and in the later half of 1919" latter half
- "A fight against Jim Slater in January 1922 is believed to be his last bout." I'd prefer a cite for this.
- Done Although I dislike using Boxrec as a source it is the best available for this info.FruitMonkey (talk) 15:12, 30 June 2012 (UTC)
- The boxing record section should be sourced.
- Done I have added three cites to this section. None make the challenge that it is incorrect, but it is one that is made on several blogs. I believe it is worth adding as it stops others from including this information which is now believed incorrect. FruitMonkey (talk) 21:46, 30 June 2012 (UTC)