Talk:Gangs of Wasseypur – Part 1
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|Gangs of Wasseypur – Part 1 received a peer review by Wikipedia editors, which is now archived. It may contain ideas you can use to improve this article.|
Budget of Part one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9h9OlANZo8 Anurag Kashyap is seen here in the above interview disclosing the budget of part one(including Promotion and advertising) as 15 crore. If someone can update the article with necessary refs, it would be great. Thank you. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 15:26, 30 July 2012 (UTC)
This movie is just too fast phased and too long to fit in a single wiki url.
I suggest someone rename this link to: Gangs of Wasseypur Part I.
Someone initiate the creation of a second wiki link: Gangs of Wasseypur Part II.
The actual movie names are 'Gangs of Wasseypur' & 'Gangs of Wasseypur II'. The link names should be same as that, not with Part 1 or Part 2. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 18:20, 15 February 2014 (UTC)
Removed this from "Critical Reception":
philosophers so he needs to be worshipped by the wannabes. Truth is, he is a pretentious filmmaker who got lucky because easier access to quality world cinema has changed the way we look, think and talk about the art. Sadly, no matter how hard he tries, his movies can never match the genius and greatness of works of Directors like Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, David Lynch and Darren Aronofsky.
Reads like original work, unsubstantiated.
- http://entertainment.in.msn.com/bollywood/article.aspx?cp-documentid=250180465 — Preceding unsigned comment added by Ayanosh (talk • contribs) 08:58, 1 July 2012 (UTC)
- http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/movies/features/type/view/id/3639 — Preceding unsigned comment added by Ayanosh (talk • contribs) 03:04, 3 July 2012 (UTC)
- http://www.thenational.ae/arts-culture/film/anurag-kashyap-on-the-creation-of-gangs-of-wasseypurAyanosh (talk) 06:47, 8 July 2012 (UTC)
Ayanosh (talk) 04:23, 28 June 2012 (UTC)
I suggest adding a different, section titled International in the Critical reception section. And, add entirely new sections of Influences and Portrayal of Rural India . And use the link : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1954470/news for reliable sources.Bineet Ojha |BINEET| 14:38, 28 June 2012 (UTC)
- Working on the International section and and support the influences and portrayal of rural india section.Ayanosh (talk) 15:18, 28 June 2012 (UTC)
- Yes go ahead, with your work, and please add a image form Bollywoodhungama, in the Marketing section, i will do the copy-editing at last once you are done, and add some more content, if you miss any. Cheers !! PS> Also work on the music section, and see if you can find an album-art. Bineet Ojha |BINEET| 09:06, 29 June 2012 (UTC)
Gangs of Wasseypur part1
It is good that the new page of Gangs Of Wasseypur Part 1 has been created but it would have been better had it been discussed here with the people working on it.Ayanosh (talk) 13:59, 29 June 2012 (UTC)
- I appreciate your point but it was quiet evident that every notable movie has its own page.SO I just did it.What information should be where can be discussed where can be discussed.As I think detailed cast info should be on common page because many characters would be common and would be good to have detailed info on main page and not to be duplicated on two pages(part one and part 2).
- Now this is frustrating, in this rush of redirects and new article creation for gangs of wasseypur the whole critical reception portion has been left out.Please people first discuss whether there must be two or one articles and than proceed.As many have talked about it in different pages i will write them all here.
- Every major film deserves its own page.Talk:Gangs of Wasseypur#Gangs of Wasseypur part1
- Like the Harry Potter and the deathly Hallows Part 1 and 2 movies.User talk:Ayanosh#Gangs of Wasseypur
- Both films produced at the same timeWikipedia:Peer review/Gangs of Wasseypur/archive1#Gangs 1
- Speedy merge.Wikipedia:Peer review/Gangs of Wasseypur/archive1#Ankitbhatt
- I personally feel that the case for two articles is stronger because HP was also shot back to back as a single film ,as mentioned in the second last para Production of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows#Development.Besides each film will has its own marketing,release,etc.But whatever the decision please discuss it first.
I think i owe an apology here, its just that i had been working on it for quite some time and then the pages were merged ,i decided to move it and it started a long discussion about it and then i see one day that someone has come and just moved it like that, it sort of blew me and i commented that way .I should have assumed good faith.I apologise.Ayanosh (talk) 06:33, 18 July 2012 (UTC)
Suspect a typo!
- I don't know why you think July 25 is a typo. The statement has an inline reference to a source  which says July 25. The article link to the source didn't work but I fixed that by removing a slash. Other sources I have found also say July 25. PrimeHunter (talk) 15:57, 16 August 2012 (UTC)