Talk:Gay Witch Hunt
|Gay Witch Hunt has been listed as one of the Media and drama good articles under the good article criteria. If you can improve it further, please do so. If it no longer meets these criteria, you can reassess it.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
this episode really disapointed me, it will never be the same without Jim.Bobafett12 03:27, 22 September 2006 (UTC)
I'm not going to reveal anything, but from things I've seen, things turn out all right...
- The discussion page on Wikipedia is not for discussing feelings on show episodes, but rather about comments and concerns regarding the content and quality of the articles. Please address your personal feelings on the episodes on fansite forums and blogs. Thanks! Williamnilly 04:14, 22 September 2006 (UTC)
Does anyone else consider the screenshot for this episode a spoiler? Pele Merengue 01:47, 27 September 2006 (UTC)
- Sure, but anymore than the entire article beyond the first sentence? Who, honestly, would be reading this if they hadn't seen it, and intended to watch it without it being spoiled? BabuBhatt 22:07, 13 October 2006 (UTC)
Michael says "Queer as ..." and the rest was bleeped. So he didn't say "Fuck". That is why it is out, not because anyone's censoring. BabuBhatt 19:04, 9 November 2006 (UTC)
I am going through several articles and changing instances of "Dunder-Mifflin" to "Dunder Mifflin" (no hyphen) as it is the proper "spelling" of the company name (see Talk page at Dunder Mifflin). Just leaving a note to say that I've gone through this page. :) Fieryrogue 16:21, 24 May 2007 (UTC)
This generally looks good, but some prose issues. Please go through the ENTIRE article, as the following are only samples:
- "The Office—the show's 30th episode overall." – "The Office, and the show's 30th episode overall."
- ""Gay Witch Hunt" did fairly well as far as ratings go." – "as far as ratings go" needs to go
- "Critics seemed to generally enjoy "Gay Witch Hunt"." – ""Gay Witch Hunt" generally received praise from critics."
- Went through the article a few times, this is what I found:  --Mr.crabby (Talk) 14:15, 29 June 2008 (UTC)
A few more prose points:
- "In the episode Michael discovers " → "In the episode, Michael discovers "
- The term "ratings" is not explained. Nielson Ratings needs to be mentioned (and linked) somewhere, just like other The Office episode articles of Good Article or higher quality.
- "Gay Witch Hunt" did fairly ratings-wise." can still be improved – read it over and over again, and it won't always flow well. Check out how other The Office episode articles of Good Article or higher quality do it.
- "9 p.m." → "9:00 p.m."
- For numerical ranges like "18-49 and 24-54 ", use en dashes per WP:DASH
- "of Cinemablend.com, stated " – does not need to be italicized because it does not meet the criteria found at MOS:TITLE
- Alright, I've fixed all those problems, except the dashes. From what I see it looks like those numbers already use the en dashes. Am I not seeing something? --Mr.crabby (Talk) 18:32, 29 June 2008 (UTC)
- Yep, it appears that they have now been converted. A few more points:
- "and #1 among" – "and number one among" - usually, spell things out unless there's a good reason not to. Also, "second" is spelt out, so this especially should be.
- "since "Dwight's Speech, and" – missing a double quote
- "Steve West, of Cinemablend.com, stated that" – completely unnecessary commas.
- Are there any updates? Gary King (talk) 05:35, 5 July 2008 (UTC)
- The episode list in the infobox is center-aligned when it should be left-aligned.
- "It is revealed, that after their kiss" → "It is revealed, that after their kiss" – unnecessary comma
- "Pam got decided" → "Pam decided"
- Why does the tense change from past to present, starting from "Roy vows to win Pam back."?
- "Sales Representative" → "sales representative"
- I've fixed the episode list and have made some minor prose edits. Expect more within the next few days. --Mr.crabby (Talk) 15:12, 6 July 2008 (UTC)
- "notoriety."" → "notoriety"." – move the period out because if you read "loved Oscar's self-deprecating reaction to his newfound notoriety." it is not a full sentence, per WP:PUNC
- "his job"," → "his job,"" – in this case, it is a full sentence
Hi, I cannot change this article yet but I found a information which is not complete: The device ("gaydar") Jim sends to Dwight is labeled "Hetero", "Homo" and "Bi". Just the first two are mentioned in the text, "Bi" needs to be added. [If there are any mistakes in the text I wrote, I am sorry - that is because I am from Germany and English is my second language] — Preceding unsigned comment added by TimBX (talk • contribs) 22:10, 25 December 2011 (UTC)
Semi-protected edit request on 9 December 2013
|This edit request has been answered. Set the
In 3rd paragraph, under "Production" heading, the word "gleam" should be "glean."