Talk:General Electric TF34
|WikiProject Aviation / Aircraft engines||(Rated Start-class)|
I find the description confusing. Am I reading correctly that there are four turbine stages powering just the fan? And how many spools are there? Just two? Maury 21:31, 29 January 2007 (UTC)
- You are correct about the low pressure section - there are 4 turbine stages (LPT) powering the fan alone. It applies to TF34, CF34-3 and CF34-8. The 14-stage (TF and -3) or 10 stage (-8) compressor spool is powered by 2-stage high pressure turbine (HPT). You should remember that a majority the turbofan engine thrust is the flow generated by the fan. This is why it needs so much torque from LPT. TRakowski 16:56, 31 January 2007 (UTC)
- Sure, but FOUR turbines? What did they do, make them out of paper? Weird. Maury 00:11, 17 June 2007 (UTC)
Someone can add the following information from http://www.rand.org/pubs/monograph_reports/2005/MR1596.pdf (Page 66) I don't have time to figure out if I am using the template correctly
TF34-GE-2 Average Thrust: 8,165 Kg/Sec SFC: 0.35 Pressure Ratio: 21.9 TIT: 2,054 *F Air Flow: 318 lbs/second
TF34GE-100 Average Thrust: 7,990 Kg/Sec SFC: 0.36 Pressure Ratio: 19.8 TIT: 2,234 *F Air Flow: 314 lbs/second
TF34GE-400 Average Thrust: 8,159 Kg/Sec SFC: 0.35 Pressure Ratio: 21.9 TIT: 2,142 *F Air Flow: 338.3 lbs/second —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 04:16, 5 November 2009 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on General Electric TF34. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120530102922/http://www.af.mil/information/factsheets/factsheet.asp?id=70 to http://www.af.mil/information/factsheets/factsheet.asp?id=70
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.