|WikiProject Medicine||(Rated B-class, Mid-importance)|
AND MY TINY LITTLE NIPPLES WENT TO FRANCE... DOO DOO CA CA DOO DOO CA CA DOO DOO CA CA PEE PEE .... This is the first Wikipedia article that I have looked at (and I have been browsing Wikipedia for over 4 years now) that specifies a concept amongst the [[English speaking world[[ as being applicable to both the non USA Anglosphere and the USA. Well done to whoever contrbuted to this article !
Most articles (non universal English language) are written in the English language as if everyone in the English language used the articles term actually uses the term (which is frequantly not the case) or the article concerned is written specifically fron a USA perspective.
This article is great !
--Ordew 15:46, 15 October 2006 (UTC)
- I think the last bit about training program was pretty US centric. I decided to axe it-- not 'cause it was US centric, but because I don't think it has a place in Wikipedia. Wikipedia is not a residency guide. Nephron T|C 04:50, 16 October 2006 (UTC)
Some parts of this article are unprofessional and should be deleted in my view; for instance take the following quote: "General Surgery has lost most of its former glory and scope. Nonetheless, it continues to be a somewhat competitive, rewarding and demanding specialty in its own right"
It has lost its former glory and scope? In the eyes of whom? If this is true, why? It is a "somewhat competitive" field? What does that even mean? Competitive how?
This is just one example. I'm not going to change anything unilaterally, but I just wanted to draw attention to this. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 02:46, 5 June 2010 (UTC)
FRCS /M.S and picture
- How can that DUDE in COMABAT-DRESS can be in OT-HALL during OPERATION? No restriction? No OT-DRESS?
Good, atleast mask is there. I think during "war time surgery" too, there should be "Surgical Etiquette"
Which country is that?
Please, with all my respect, remove that picture. That will give negative information about/towards surgery. (It certainly will give a lot of questions.)
Infact, according to my knowledge medical science related students/professionals do practice very complicated methods/procedures before, during and after surgical procedures.
- F.R.C.S is well defined here, what about M.S?
And if possible please, explanation expected relating F.R.C.S and M.S.
(AnThRaX Ru 14:44, 11 May 2007 (UTC))
Minor Edit 11/10/2008
About Pediatric Surgery Title
"Pediatric surgery is a subspecialty of general surgery...."
- In many countries pediatric surgery is a subspecialty of general surgery but in some countries Pediatric surgery has its own speciality program apart from general surgery. It should be noted in the article.
"Pediatric surgery is 5–7 years of residency and a 2-3 fellowship"
- The sentence is not clear. It may be " Pediatric surgery is 5–7 years of general surgery residency and a 2-3 pediatric surgery fellowship". But it is not true for all countries again. Because in some countries pediatric surgery is a residency program after the medical school not fellowship after the general surgery. --Antmqr mesaj at 13:08, 13 April 2016 (UTC)