Talk:Geography of Angola
|WikiProject Africa / Angola||(Rated C-class, Top-importance)|
|WikiProject Geography||(Rated C-class, High-importance)|
- Already linked rain forest: ...and; a dry savanna in the interior south and southeast; and rain forest in the north and in [[Cabinda]]. The [[Zambezi River]] and ...
- rainy season lasting from February to April. Summers are hot and dry, wh... link rainy season: ...o coastal [[Peru]] or [[Baja California]]. There is a short
- N link far north: ...r. Elevations generally range from 3,000 to 6,000 feet. The far north and Cabinda enjoy rain throughout much of the year. ...
- N link red sandstone: ...he most part flat, with occasional low cliffs and bluffs of red sandstone. There is but one deep inlet of the sea—[[Great Fish Bay]] ... Proper link is "Sandstone"; already done.SBaker43 (talk) 02:33, 13 June 2011 (UTC)
- rock formations of Angola are met with in three distinct regions:... link rock formations: ... [[Okavango]], drain to [[Lake Ngami]]. '''Geology:''' The
- prevailing winds, which arc W., S.W. and S.S.W. Two seasons are distinguishe... link prevailing winds: ...at Caconda, 67.2°. The climate is greatly influenced by the
- coastal plain rises abruptly to vast interior plateau... link coastal plain: ...nd is accompanied by violent storms. '''Terrain:''' narrow
- Already linked soil erosion: ...ent - current issues:''' overuse of pastures and subsequent soil erosion attributable to population pressures; desertification; defo...
- Already linked water pollution: ...lting in loss of biodiversity; soil erosion contributing to water pollution and siltation of rivers and dams; inadequate supplies of po...
- Already linked Climate Change: ... international agreements:''' * ''party to:'' Biodiversity, Climate Change, Desertification, Law of the Sea, Ozone Layer Protection, S...
- Already linked Law of the Sea: ...'party to:'' Biodiversity, Climate Change, Desertification, Law of the Sea, Ozone Layer Protection, Ship Pollution...
- Already linked Ozone Layer Protection: ...diversity, Climate Change, Desertification, Law of the Sea, Ozone Layer Protection, Ship Pollution...
- Already linked tobacco plant: ...ee, cotton and Guinea pepper plants are indigenous, and the tobacco plant flourishes in several districts. Among the trees are severa...
- cricket ball covered with a hard green shell and containing scarlet pips... Can link cricket ball: ...g of leather. The mulundo bears a fruit about the size of a
Notes: The article text has not been changed in any way; Some of these suggestions may be wrong, some may be right.
Feedback: I like it, I hate it, Please don't link to — LinkBot 11:33, 1 Dec 2004 (UTC)
- Well, it probably didn't realise that "Far North" is an administrative region in New Zealand, to start with! [[User:Grutness|Grutness talk ]] 06:51, 2 Dec 2004 (UTC)
A controversy has erupted over the choice of map for this article. The two candidates are shown here, along with any others that other Wikipedians may choose to enter. Feel free to make any comments. The lower map may also appear in the corresponding Geography article for this country. Kelisi 02:14, 2 Apr 2005 (UTC)
Rain forest is missing
It says here: "Angola has four principal natural regions: the *1. arid coastal lowland, stretching from Namibia to Luanda and characterized by low plains and terraces;
- 2. green hills and mountains, rising inland from the coast into a great escarpment;
- 3. a large area of high inland plains of dry savanna, called the high plateau (planalto), which extends eastward and south-east from the escarpment;
- 4. and rain forest in the north and in Cabinda."
- But there is no text on the last one.
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Geography of Angola. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive http://web.archive.org/web/20101209234758/http://globaltwitcher.auderis.se:80/artspec_information.asp?thingid=35993 to http://globaltwitcher.auderis.se/artspec_information.asp?thingid=35993
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.