Talk:Georgia (country)–Persia relations
|This redirect is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
another name suggestion
Iranian -Georgian historical relations or Georgia within the Iranian Imperial realms. In any case Persia is here misplaced because never existed an indepndent country called Persia. Persia is simply Ostan-e Fars. Iran has always been Iran. Babakexorramdin 00:36, 19 June 2007 (UTC)
- Well, I agree, I personally always use the term Iran, but in the West, Persia was the name of Iran. The reason I used Persia here is because Iran-Georgian relations is already taken. This is english Wikipedia, so it really doesnt matter what the name is, a name is just a name, so I think Persia-Georgia relations is fine, its not really that big of a deal.
- But can you find some good pictures? The article will be really nice. When I have time, I really want to finish this article and nominate it for good article status and then hopefully featured article status.Hajji Piruz 02:47, 19 June 2007 (UTC)
- It doesnt really matters to me what the west called us or thinks. They even depict us as they did in the 300 and not without my daughters. We do should not necessarily agree to what the west says. The term Persia is also nowadays abused by the Persian Separatists/ Chauvinists in order to get rid of Iran totally. This term is politically laden!
- As for pictures: I think there are some pictures available online, I should see if we do not violate the copy rights.
Babakexorramdin 07:10, 19 June 2007 (UTC)
Yea, some good pictures, like maps or pictures of kings.Hajji Piruz 13:30, 19 June 2007 (UTC)
- I'll do my best, but please change this Persia thing because it is meaningless as our country is Iran 2- It gives space to the separatists, Persian Chauvinists and other BS-talkers. It has no historical significance and it is only politically laden.Babakexorramdin 22:39, 19 June 2007 (UTC)
what is going on here?
are you guys done fighting about this or what?
- Different parts of Georgia have been under the influence and/or rule of various empires for centuries and Georgia is not a part of "Greater Iran", any more than it is a part of "Greater Russia", "Greater Turkey", "Greater Mongolia", or any other type of neo-imperialistic construct. Interestingly enough, LouisAragon recognized the fact that this unsourced information was of dubious merit, yet he reverted himself for no better reason than because that is "how it was" and "I reconsidered my opinion". Well, thank goodness for your opinions,LouisAragon, because otherwise how could one write factual articles on wikipedia?--Damianmx (talk) 23:24, 24 December 2015 (UTC)