Talk:Gerry Armstrong (activist)
|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons (BLP) policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to . If you are a subject of this article, or acting on behalf of one, and you need help, please see this help page.|
|WikiProject Biography||(Rated Stub-class)|
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Gerry Armstrong (activist) article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|WikiProject Scientology||(Rated Stub-class, High-importance)|
|The Arbitration Committee has authorized uninvolved administrators to impose discretionary sanctions on users who edit pages related to Scientology, including this article.
Provided the awareness criteria are met, discretionary sanctions may be used against editors who repeatedly or seriously fail to adhere to the purpose of Wikipedia, any expected standards of behaviour, or any normal editorial process.
Neutrality is questionable
I am getting the impression that this article is not neutral. It appears that most of the article is detailing the legal deviations Gerry Armstrong may have committed, some which are unverified. I move that we add the questionable neutrality template to the page. Forgott3n (talk) 07:05, 7 February 2009 (UTC)
Needs more info
It says that he is one of the "most vocal critics" of CoS yet gives no more information on how and where he is being vocal. Steve Dufour 01:21, 5 September 2006 (UTC)
- Not only "more info" but "any info". This is not a Wikipedia article but a pamphlet. COFS 22:05, 25 April 2007 (UTC)
No, it is a wikipedia article. Who told you to see it as a pamphlet?--Fahrenheit451 22:33, 25 April 2007 (UTC)
This article needs additional citations for verification
It's been a year since this notification was posted. There has got to been sources that will allow us to verify this. If no one can verify the sources for this article, or the editors who originally posted this information just don't care, then I think this article's credibiility and verifiability should be challengedJohn196920022001 (talk) —Preceding undated comment was added at 08:25, 3 August 2008 (UTC)
- No offense to anyone, but any un-cited paragraphs are going to be removed by me in 7 days if citations are not provided. Verifiability is one of the cornerstones for writing a Wikipedia article. So please provide some citations John196920022001 (talk) —Preceding undated comment was added at 11:11, 9 August 2008 (UTC)
- Be my quest. The article is exceedingly subjective and seems to relate about the tale from the position and state of mind of Gerry Armstrong. Various claims made are in fact false and what-d'ya-know, uncited as well! The position of Omar Garrison in regards is unsupported. --Olberon (talk) 18:11, 27 August 2008 (UTC)
External Links and Updates
Yes, I messed up by adding the latest external link in the wrong place, somebody reallyshould slap me, seriously. :) I plead exhaustion. Yet it brings up another issue which another Editor brought up in 2010 in this Talk: page. Specifically the Gerry Armstrong page is missing a great deal of information and is getting more and more obsolete.
As a biography of a notable Internet personal and, arguably, an Internet pioneer we really should attempt to acquire a suitable, serious, professional biography for Mr. Armstrong as well as get the Wikipedia article updated to encompass salient facts which have transpired over the past 5 years or so.
Gerry Armstrong's history of involvement in the downfall of the Scientology corporation has been offered in a number of books, some of which are currently being re-released with minor updates due to the advent of said decline of the corporation, and while a great deal of history, background, and current events revolving around Armstrong are out there in the mainstream news and teh Internetz the extant article here is rather woefully lacking.
... Not that Wikipedia needs to be complete and all-encompassing, it's just that the article deserves something of a major update in light of events over the past 5 years or so. I'd like to see Editors update the page, and if nobody else takes on the effort, I believe I will despite having abandoned the law enforcement arena (since I was so sick of the whole Scientology thing.) Yet Gerry Armstrong's history, biography, and (if I may say so) his legend deserves fair accounting where ever Armstrong's story is covered. Damotclese (talk) 15:50, 5 August 2013 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Gerry Armstrong (activist). Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.latimes.com/la-scientology062490%2C0%2C7104164%2Cfull.story
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110613195832/http://maisonneuve.org/pressroom/article/2008/mar/1/scientologys-defier/ to http://maisonneuve.org/pressroom/article/2008/mar/1/scientologys-defier/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.