Talk:Glossary of Hinduism terms
|WikiProject Hinduism||(Rated List-class)|
* Indra * Surya * Agni * Vayu * Varuna * Yama * Kubera * Soma * Mitra * Kama * Gayatri * Aditi * Ushas * Sarasvati * Rudra
8 The 10 Avatars of Vishnu
* Matsya (the Fish Incarnation) * Kurma (the Tortoise Incarnation) * Varaha (the Boar Incarnation) * Narasimha (Half Lion, Half Man) * Vamana (The Brahmin Dwarf) * Parashurama (The Brahmin Warrior) * Rama (An exemplar of virtue) * Balarama (Krishna's Elder Brother) * Krishna * Kalki (The Final Avatara as Man on White Horse)
9 The 'Hidden' Avatar
Mentioned in Bhagavata Purana, 11th Canto
* Caitanya Mahaprabhu (Also known as the Golden Avatar)
* Ganesha * Parvati * Kartikeya * Sita * Hanuman
11 Mother goddesses
* Shakti * Devi * Kali * Durga * Lakshmi * Amman
Great work so far!! Just one suggestion - this list can potentially become really big, so maybe just a one sentence explanation for each entry is warranted. If more info is needed, they can go to the main site.--Pranathi 00:33, 18 December 2005 (UTC)
- Yeah, I guess we'll have to shorten everything a bit. Also, we'll most probably need to split it into parts like some other glossaries. deeptrivia (talk) 00:42, 18 December 2005 (UTC)
- Five sentences should be the maximum for the important terms. Also, maybe gods and goddesses should not be included. The name of the page is "Glossary of terms in Hinduism". It might be a better idea if we split the page, creating "Notable deities in Hinduism," write a paragraph each there and link it up in the See also section. DaGizza Chat (c) 02:59, 18 December 2005 (UTC)
Good sites to use
These are some good sites to use in order to add more terms and explain some better. Of course references will be added.
One to three sentences
These two articles
have been merged to the Glossary of terms in Hinduism burdak 09:07, 9 September 2006 (UTC)
Kali Demon's connection to Nala
Kali (कलि): Kali was a demon, the genious spirit of the Fourth yuga who possesses Nala.
Could someone please tell me what part of the Mahabharata this happens in? I would like to add this info to my article on Kali (Demon). (!Mi luchador nombre es amoladora de la carne y traigo el dolor! 00:35, 7 November 2006 (UTC))
- I just want to note that I changed the above quote on the actual article to better illustrate Kali's being. (!Mi luchador nombre es amoladora de la carne y traigo el dolor! 00:49, 7 November 2006 (UTC))
- Nevermind. I found the info that I needed and added it to my page. (!Mi luchador nombre es amoladora de la carne y traigo el dolor! 00:07, 8 November 2006 (UTC))
Question of symbol
I was wondering if anyone knows what the symbol " " is used for in the Devanagari spelling of terms ? For instance it is used in Amba, Ambika, Akampana etc. Abecedare 16:51, 16 November 2006 (UTC)
2007-02-6 Automated pywikipediabot message
|This page has been transwikied to Wiktionary.
The article has content that is useful at Wiktionary. Therefore the article can be found at either here or here (logs 1 logs 2.)
Note: This means that the article has been copied to the Wiktionary Transwiki namespace for evaluation and formatting. It does not mean that the article is in the Wiktionary main namespace, or that it has been removed from Wikipedia's. Furthermore, the Wiktionarians might delete the article from Wiktionary if they do not find it to be appropriate for the Wiktionary.
Removing this tag will usually trigger CopyToWiktionaryBot to re-transwiki the entry. This article should have been removed from Category:Copy to Wiktionary and should not be re-added there.
--CopyToWiktionaryBot 23:24, 6 February 2007 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Glossary of Hinduism terms. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20060917143018/http://students.washington.edu/prem/mw/a.html to http://students.washington.edu/prem/mw/a.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20061005055442/http://www.blessingsonthenet.com/glossary/index1.asp to http://www.blessingsonthenet.com/glossary/index1.asp
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.