|WikiProject Amphibians and Reptiles||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
Need to figure out what happened to Agkistrodon caliginosus (Dusky mamushi). Described in Gloyd & Conant, but I'm not sure what happened to it as of the Great Renaming in 1999. Found mainly in Korea, going slightly into China. -- (22.214.171.124, 11:21, 4 September 2004)
- That name is now a synonym for Gloydius ussuriensis. The "Great Renaming in 1999" that you refer to is probably the result of the publication of "Snake Species of the World: A Taxonomic and Geographic Reference, vol. 1" by McDiarmid, Campbell and Touré in that year. For snakes, this was probably the most significant taxonomic work since Boulenger's "Catalogue of the Snakes of the British Museum" (1893-1896). --Jwinius 00:36, 17 October 2006 (UTC)
Need to do something with related Agkistrodon-like species (Calloselasma, Deinagkistrodon, Hypnale). More pages? -- (126.96.36.199, 12:06, 4 September 2004)
- Each of these genera now have their own pages: Agkistrodon, Calloselasma, Deinagkistrodon and Hypnale. I suggest that a comment be added to the taxonomy sections of each referring to their past, shared classification. Also, the name Agkistrodon should be included in the list of synonyms (taxobox) for Calloselasma, Deinagkistrodon and Hypnale, just as it is in this article. --Jwinius 00:36, 17 October 2006 (UTC)
||It is requested that an image or photograph be included in this article to improve its quality. Please replace this template with a more specific media request template where possible.
The Free Image Search Tool may be able to locate suitable images on Flickr and other web sites.
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Gloydius. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20040808141541/http://www.kingsnake.com/toxinology/old/taxonomy.html to http://www.kingsnake.com/toxinology/old/taxonomy.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.