Talk:Golden Raspberry Awards
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Golden Raspberry Awards article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
How about we add "The Last Airbender" 2010 movie in "Films considered the worst"
Hello there wikipedia users. As you know even though "The Last Airbender" 2010 won many razzie awards, I'm surprised the wikipedia article called "Films considered the worst" doesn't have "The Last Airbender" 2010 included in the worst movies. Please let the wikipedia users in charge of "Films considered the worst" to please allow "The Last Airbender" movie to be included and let them know we are ready for "The Last Airbender" 2010 movie to be included in "Worst movies ever" Let me know if you can convince them thanks. CrosswalkX (talk) 16:50, 27 April 2013 (UTC)
Is this really notable?
It just seems like a weird event created and sponsored by a weird famous guy.
Some of these awards coincide with the "Raspberry" film then getting an academy award soon after, or at least a nomination. So how is this even a legitimate article topic?
If there was a "Worst Film" award that was done in a more credible and serious way, I could see that. But this doesn't even seem legitimate or real, other than in the minds of the award givers. 188.8.131.52 (talk) 06:07, 10 June 2014 (UTC)
- Because the Razzies are actually covered by major websites and news outlets over the world, including several Dutch newspapers and Gawker. Supertanno (talk) 16:11, 3 September 2014 (UTC)
- While I do think that the razzies are notable enough to have an article of their own. I think it is rather silly to include Razzie nominations and awards in other film articles "Awards and Nominations" sections. It is a joke award ceremony and I feel shouldn't be mentioned in sections dedicated to awards. -Xcuref1endx (talk) 02:50, 23 December 2014 (UTC)
I would like to open this section for further discussion. By now one would hope that this joke of an "organization" would have been considered unworthy of an article. If this has an article, why shouldn't there be an article about every internet troll and/or heckler out there too? Razzies are not an official event or organization and is nothing but a way to spread hatred similar to how in a group where one or more people say something and everyone else just agrees to stay popular. Please come to the consensus that this is a useless and purge it. This would be the best way to begin to take attention away from these guys and make them disappear into obscurity. Further, it seems in modern times, this event isn't even designed for anything but to get the $40 fee from people who think it's an actual legitimate ceremony. Grez868 (talk) 23:57, 1 July 2016 (UTC)
- As noted above, the Razzies are covered by major websites and news outlets all over the world - most other (no other?) internet troll and/or heckler is covered to this extent. The Golden Raspberry is the award for "Worst Film". Razzies are an official event, the latest ceremony being held at The Palace Theatre in Los Angeles on February 27. We have a criticism section in the article which discusses the controversies addressed by the media. And as far as spreading hate, I'd point out that they added a category 2 years ago for actors who "redeemed" themselves by appearing in better works - a token of good will. Not to mention several winners have accepted their award, acknowledging their shortcomings in a light-hearted way.
- If you still feel this article should be deleted, feel free to nominate it at WP:AFD. Hoof Hearted (talk) 16:00, 23 September 2016 (UTC)
- Certainly most films received negative reviews. However a spot check of Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Picture finds there are a few that are described as "mixed/average reviews", and even "universal acclaim" for The Blair Witch Project. Hoof Hearted (talk) 18:42, 23 September 2016 (UTC)