|This article is the subject of an educational assignment at Michigan State University supported by WikiProject United States Public Policy and the Wikipedia Ambassador Program during the 2011 Spring term. Further details are available on the course page.|
Excellent work so far
I would like to make a section regarding political campaigns and grassroots electoral connection. Is this okay for a section, and if so do you have any suggestions on resources to start the research for this topic? --Courthoulds (talk) 17:42, 5 April 2011 (UTC)
Sources used for Regulation section
Hey there, Laura had contacted me on my talk page, so here I am . I have some comments on the article; before I make them, I would like to say that, overall, you guys have done a great job; especially with the content. The article on the whole is well referenced. I will make a list of what could possibly be improved. If any of these seems too tedious to perform, then you might as well leave it; I feel that my criteria are quite harsh sometimes. Anyway, here's the deal.
- Some minor copyediting. See WP:COPYEDIT for more on this; The first sentence has to be modified so that only "Grassroots lobbying" is in bold. Also be wary of use of italics. Words defined, described, or referenced as words should be italicized. Nothing else.
- Some sentences are not clear. For example:
"This type of lobbying is different from the usual type as it is naturally brought upon by the organization unlike the structural lobbying seen elsewhere."
What is the usual type?
- "The latest trend of the past decade has been the use of social media outlets to reach people across the globe. " I think you should use some other term in place of "latest trend"; trends keep changing don't they.
- "Large companies take advantage of grassroots lobbying as a means of impacting change in legislation." This implies that all Large companies take advantage of it; maybe that is not the case.
- Avoid using terms like "Not surprisingly", because it probably reflects your opinion.
- You could add more to the section on the IRS; if that is all the info available, no issues.
- The article could be brightened up with images . Perhaps you could upload some clicked ones, or you could search Wikimedia Commons for it!
Nominate for DYK?
Intro sentence confusing
"Grassroots lobbying is an approach that separates itself..."