Talk:Great Captain Island
|Great Captain Island has been listed as a Geography and places good article under the good article criteria. If you can improve it further, please do, and if it no longer meets these criteria, it can be reassessed.
Review: May 6, 2014. ( ).
|WikiProject Islands||(Rated GA-class)|
|WikiProject Connecticut||(Rated GA-class, Low-importance)|
- This review is transcluded from Talk:Great Captain Island/GA1. The edit link for this section can be used to add comments to the review.
In generally good shape for GA, just a few things to look at.
- "... and relighted as...": Shouldn't that be "relit"?
- "...town of Griswold...": Shouldn't that be Greenwich? As Greenwich has already been mentioned there won't be the need for the "town of".
Location and geology
- Links for Little Captain and Wee Captain?
- No articles and minor islands of little importance - both are actually one island I think as well.
- "The Town of Greenville...": Shouldn't that be Greenwich?
- "...island to John Anderson.": link to Anderson and perhaps provide some context for who he is? Ditto for Samuel Lyons.
- "...of the Constitution State.": Presumably this is Connecticut but this strikes me as being a bit colloquial?
- "...The Town of Greenwich.." Should the town be in title case? Applies elsewhere in the article as well.
- "...until the town purchased...": probably should state Greenwich here.
- Audubon Greenwich/Audubon Connecticut: I'm not sure where either of these are in relation to the island so maybe context is required? Are these really different areas?
- Removed... not important but the Audubon issues are a headache to the uninformed and would require a lot of needless explanation. But the National Audubon Society and Audubon Connecticut are not the same, but the two own different sites in Connecticut... Go figure, I've tried to make some sense of it in other articles, but for all intents and purposes - that confusing naming issue is irrelevant here. ChrisGualtieri (talk) 04:50, 4 May 2014 (UTC)
- Image licences look fine.
- No dup links.
- No dab links.
- The formatting of the references could be tweaked so they are all consistently presented. Eg, the  in ref 2, missing full stops etc...
- According to checklinks tool, the external link is dead.
- The infobox states 3 people live on the island; who are they? Does the restored property have caretakers?