|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons (BLP) policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to . If you are a subject of this article, or acting on behalf of one, and you need help, please see this help page.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
I put the below "citations needed" markers into the article. If the below really are discussed and are criticisms, then let's see the references: who made those criticisms, and where. Is the editor elso implying that changes in hair colour are a critism? Not sure about why that is in there. Same goes for the second paragraph... who made those criticisms, and where were they made. If no references appear by tomorrow I will evict those paragraphs from the article. Asa01 02:46, 29 May 2006 (UTC)
Since Big Brother started, there has been critisism that Gretel's wardrobe is not appropriate to her age. Along with this, her hair colour has changed from season to season. There has been discussion in the media for many years about how she contradicts herself being a "family" orientated person where there has been rumors of bi-sexuality or lesbian tendancies in the past. However, it is unclear how this has any relevance to the idea that she is a "family" orientated person.
This was formerly in the article.
- There has been discussion in the media for many years about how she contradicts herself being a "family" orientated person where there has been rumors of bi-sexuality or lesbian tendancies in the past. Apperances on television shows such as Beauty and the Beast (with Stan Zemanick) she has made comments and been asked about this. However, it is unclear how this has any relevance to the idea that she is a "family" orientated person.
I say this is a point of view unless someone can provide some verification of this as per WP:VERIFY and WP:CITE. She may well be bisexual but failing suitable evidence I just don't see why it belongs here on WP. — Donama 04:50, 31 May 2006 (UTC)
- Note: I'm not sure why being bisexual would be contrary to being "family-oriented"; which means this section is badly written and would need fixing up before re-inclusion even if references and citations could be provided. Also, if this is re-added to the article, we should change all instances of "orientated" to "oriented". — Donama 04:53, 31 May 2006 (UTC)
In case it is useful later, putting a link to a recent article on poverty by Killeen:
- Killeen, Gretel (2006). "The Poverty Trap" (PDF). Focus. 21 (2): 29. Retrieved 2006-05-31. Unknown parameter
Bisexuality claims... again
I have removed the following from the article, and by the looks of this talk page, this isn't the first time it has been removed:
- "There has been speculation in the media for many years about how she contradicts herself being a "family" orientated person where there has been rumors of bi-sexuality or lesbian tendancies in the past. Apperances on television shows such as Beauty and the Beast (with Stan Zemanick) she has made comments regarding this topic. However, it is unclear how this has any relevance to the idea that she is a "family" orientated person."
If anyone wants to insert claims about Gretel's sexuality, please provide citations when re-inserting text to this effect. "Citation needed" is not sufficient. As a starting point, it might be useful to mention that she was asked to host the 2002 Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras (according to the Courier-Mail on 28 February 2002 in an article on page 7 by Jennifer Dudley entitled "Party Gal"). - Mark 12:10, 1 June 2006 (UTC)
In fact, after a decent search on Factiva I haven't been able to find any newspaper articles which talk about Gretel Killeen being bisexual or lesbian. Posting information to this effect without any legitimate sources can constitute defamation. Defamed parties can apply for court orders to get server records from web content providers, and identify who the defaming contributor was. I highly recommend the author not to re-add this stuff without first citing sources. - Mark 12:32, 1 June 2006 (UTC)
- She did host the 2002 Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras television telecast. This is not quite the same thing as hosting the event itself: Rove McManus also hosted the telecast one year. The problem with the bisexuality claims is that the editor, possibly in the mistaken belief that such sly wording could pass wikipedia standards or defamation laws, worded it by saying it was "speculation in the media". However if wikipedia is going to talk of "speculation in the media" then that speculation - who was speculating and where - should be cited. Asa01 19:24, 1 June 2006 (UTC)
- Completely agree. It was barely a week ago when I first removed this paragraph the first time! For stuff like this, citations are a must, because the person is living. — Donama 01:32, 2 June 2006 (UTC)
Gretel Killeen is not the station announcement voice for CityRail; that is the popular Ms Taylor Owynns. Killeen has done voiceover work, however, including a TVC for Nurofen pain-relief medication in the late-90s/early-00s (no citation available, just personal identification of her voice). Seo75 15:07, 23 September 2006 (UTC)
Can we trim the bibliography?
It makes her look like she's primarliy known as an author. And could mislead people into thinking she’s some kind of acclaimed author. Must people just know her as that woman from Big Brother.--Steven X 14:19, 4 October 2006 (UTC)
- Meh, I'll get rid of it anyway.--Steven X 04:13, 3 January 2007 (UTC)
Can someone lock this article
I don't how to lock articles from un-registered users but this article is clearly been vandalized by an unknown individual(s). Can somebody lock this article from being edited by un-registered users?
StevenT1 12:06, 29 April 2007 (UTC)
Gretel Killeens criticism
I don't see why we need to go on and on about her "passive aggressive" attitude towards male evictees, this is something that perhaps should be documented on the actual Big Brother Australia article, this article is her biography, Big Brother is not her life, so therefore I will consider merging the criticism section in the BB article. It's silly to make such a big reference about how she "grilled" male housemates. Also nothing is mentioned, that Killeen does not purposefully attack the males, she has said before she does this for the show and that she does apologize afterwards off camera, particularly with Jamie. —Preceding unsigned comment added by StevenT1 (talk • contribs) 08:46, 29 September 2007 (UTC)
Well, she's no longer hosting BB. (Thank goodness) Not that the current hosts are an improvement on her. Is there a section of how much of an annoying so-and-so she is? I quit watching BB because of her. Katana Geldar 09:29, 6 May 2008 (UTC) —Preceding unsigned comment added by Katana Geldar (talk • contribs)
- You are entitled to your opinion, however Wikipedia is an encyclopedia containing cited, notable facts. As this is an article about a living person, biographical material must be written with the greatest care and attention to verifiability, neutrality and avoiding original research, particularly if it is contentious. Therefore, no, there should definitely not be a section containing your opinion of how much of "an annoying so-and-so" you think she, or anyone else, might be. SEO75 [talk] 02:42, 7 May 2008 (UTC)
Re Personal Life
According to what appears to be a fan site (gretel-killeen.com) Killeen married in April 1987 and divorced in 1993, her ex now living in the US. I'd say this is notable enough for the article and likely to be true, but didn't find a reputable source. Anyone? Donama (talk) 01:32, 10 June 2009 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Gretel Killeen. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20060628050324/http://www.penguin.com.au/authors/author-author-profile.cfm?AuthorId=0000002429 to http://www.penguin.com.au/authors/author-author-profile.cfm?AuthorId=0000002429
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.