|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons (BLP) policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to . If you are a subject of this article, or acting on behalf of one, and you need help, please see this help page.|
|WikiProject Biography / Musicians||(Rated Start-class)|
|WikiProject Post-hardcore||(Rated Start-class, Top-importance)|
Was He really the basis of a video game character? I have never heard that before.
It is extremely unlikely that Guy was the basis for the video game character. Final Fight was first released in 1989, and Fugazi's first album released in 88. It is unlikely that Fugazi was notable enough in Japan, or that they were aware of the band Rites of Spring at the time. Without a proper citation, I would not consider it even a rumor. Nitramzero 16:28, 14 July 2007 (UTC)
Hostages, Popes, Vanguards
Does anyone have any proof that Picciotto was in these bands? I've personally asked him what bands he was in and he never mentioned these, internet searches for his name plus the band names only turns up this page and pages that use the same text, and the article doesn't cite any sources. Sokeripupu (talk) 13:47, 24 May 2009 (UTC)
This article contains a list of miscellaneous information. (July 2008)
- He is a vegetarian.
- Picciotto has also produced records for bands such as Blonde Redhead, Make-Up, the Metamatics, Meltdown, Crainium, Crom Tech, Chisel, Deep Lust, Quix-o-tic, The Gossip, Casual Dots and The Blood Brothers
- Picciotto was co-editor of Bleed The Lamb fanzine.
- Picciotto was the influence of "Guy" from Capcom's 1989 Arcade game, Final Fight.
Page needs citations, it currenty has one for pronunciation of the guys name, no facts are sourced, and there's a metric ton of rampant fanboyism in the article, I believe someone without an agenda needs to rewrite large portions of this, for example "Guy Picciotto has been a highly influential composer/performer of underground music over the past several musical epochs"??? Not remotely encyclopedic, apart from the awful sentence structure. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 19:29, 29 July 2009 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 5 external links on Guy Picciotto. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20131014121619/http://welcometoflavorcountry.com/2013/03/11/an-interview-with-guy-picciotto-of-fugazi/ to http://welcometoflavorcountry.com/2013/03/11/an-interview-with-guy-picciotto-of-fugazi
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20060619080217/http://diskant.net/interviews/guyfugazi.htm to http://www.diskant.net/interviews/guyfugazi.htm
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20071211202257/http://www.nudeasthenews.com/interviews/ to http://www.nudeasthenews.com/interviews/
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070226045201/http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/feature/31386/Interview_Interview_Fugazi to http://pitchforkmedia.com/article/feature/31386/Interview_Interview_Fugazi
- Added archive https://archive.is/20130624235506/http://www.guitargeek.com/guy-picciotto-fugazi-guitar-rig-and-gear-setup-1999/ to http://www.guitargeek.com/guy-picciotto-fugazi-guitar-rig-and-gear-setup-1999/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.